what a weekend

nascarjody

Well we were supossed to go camping this past weekend with scubby boy & his GF. Well most of you know that his GF has been in the hospital because of kidney stones that absesed & made her very sick. So Robyn & I decided we were going to go camping anyway. Well we managed to sneek out of work a little early friday & got hooked up & headed out. We were only going about an hour up I45 to a federal camp ground.

We got there with the new camper & got all set up. We finally went to bed about 10:00pm. Well after a couple of hours Robyn wakes me & tells me it not as cool in the camper as it should be. Well I got up & checked out what I could in the dark at midnight. Needless to say it was just blowing cool air. I couldnt really find anything wrong. We set up some fans & opend the windows & managed to make it thru the night.next morning I found a ladder at one of the camp hosts & got on top to see if maybe a wire had come loose to the compressor. I didnt find any thing wrong so I took the ladder back.

When I go back to the camper I asked Robyn if she wanted to stay & tuff it out or head home. BTW we had no cell phone reception so we couldnt call the dealer we bought the camper from 1 month before. So she decided to cut our losses & head home.

Well we decided it was early enough that we could go ahead & run the camper back to katy ( About an hour away). So as we are fumming mad driving home I have the bright idea( we still had the pop up) that we should pull out the popup camper load it up & head back to the camp site after I drop off the NEW camper back at the dealer. Robyn says ok.THe site was already payed for no refund so while not > Well while I am driving to the dealer Robyn is calling ahead warning them that I am headed there way & am not happy.

I got there & the receptionist quickly headed me to service. As I am waiting my turn, I see my sales man & try to get his attn. He sees me & heads the other direction So I will be addressing that with him at a later date. The service guy was very understanding & got me out of there as quick as possible. He said it should be back to us in a couple of weeks.

All this time Robyn is at home getting the popup loaded & ready to go back out.

As I am driving back I hook up with 2 other Titans & cruise about 75 to 80 around the belt way. I get back to the house in about 45 min. Hook onto the popup & load the rest of the stuff in the back of the truck & back on the road by 5:00PM. Needless to say it was a quicker trip back to the camp ground. So we had a 6 hour turn around from the time we left the camp site to the time we got back. The people that knew what had happened were coming over & laughing with us at our change in campers. A/C worked great in the popup. Now mind you the the popup is 21 years old & never had the A/C serviced be sides a cleaning of the coils here & there.

We got all set back up & got a beer & sat down by the campfire. As we are sitting and laughing at the curve ball God threw us. we see in the distance lightning.

We sit there another 30 min & the lightning is getting brighter. So we decide to tarp the side of the popup we are sleeping in & put up as much stuff as we could in the truck & under the bed cover. for as what has happen we knew we were to get wet.

We go back to the campfire that has burned out & revive it & sit there waiting on the next lighting strike to see how much closer it had gotten. Well needless to say we didnt see another strike nor did we get a drop of rain.

We got cleaned up & went to bed. Later that night we are looking for another blanket to cover up with because it is cold in the camper.

So we got up this morning & headed home. Well now that we have all the chairs & fans in the back of the truck & cant close the bed cover. It started raining on the way home.

It has been a heck of a weekend but we still had fun. We hope yall got a laugh out of our misadventures. We are ready to do it again in a few weeks.

danielk

wow what a story.... sounds like what usually happens to us but you know you got to take the time you get so thats what we do regardless of the weather

danielk

yea.. thats what counts the most... sometimes we dont even look at the news for the weather because rain or shine were going.