WANTED: Stock Intake

VShortt

Hey driving. I have a buddy that is about to aquire a new Volant. He isn't a member here but I will ask him if he would be willing to let it go...cheap. No promises though.

cool. I would like to chop one up and fart with it but I dont want to do it to mine.

I think I am abou tot loan out my truck to my fiancee for a couple of months so she can move her stuff back to Texas and pull a trailer there and she is going to let me drive her car until I can take leave to go get it back.(few months at least). So its no rush.

Havock

Sorry, but I have V's old intake that I am modifying. Then I already promised mine to Wraith. So hopefully Ronnie will part with his so V can send it to you.

I don't know what you have planned, but here's my thoughts:

• 1. remove fender -> box snorkel

2. enlarge hole in box to same size as the hole in the fender

3. install dual cone filter

4. install VShortty Custom Plexilid (remind me to tell VShortty this part)

Havock said:
Sorry, but I have V's old intake that I am modifying. Then I already promised mine to Wraith. So hopefully Ronnie will part with his so V can send it to you.

• Yeah somthing like that.

I was thinking of 1.making a straight tube instead of the flexi thing the stock has

2.making the inlet bigger for the hole in the fender and running a snorkel of some sort either to the grill or in between the headlight and bumper.

3.smoothing out the bottom inside of the box with bondo(its got those egg crate sqaures in the bottom, maybe makes turbulance)

4. put a k&n filter (square like the original) of make a cone filter fit it.

[quote name='VShortt']Cool.  I'll let you know what's up.  Does that mean that you are moving here to Texas also?[/quote]

I am hoping I can get stationed in Fort Hood afetr I do One year here(Feb 06) so maybe. My girl just graduated from UNC Chapel Hill and she wants to start her career in Austin but first she is going to work in Ft. Worth for a bit to save up some money.

She might also go to grad school at UT but I dont know yet.

Anybody know of any public relations jobs or a job that requires a public speaker? Maybe tourism?

Havock

drivinginthemedian said:
Havock said:

• Yeah somthing like that.

I was thinking of 1.making a straight tube instead of the flexi thing the stock has

2.making the inlet bigger for the hole in the fender and running a snorkel of some sort either to the grill or in between the headlight and bumper.

3.smoothing out the bottom inside of the box with bondo(its got those egg crate sqaures in the bottom, maybe makes turbulance)

4. put a k&n filter (square like the original) of make a cone filter fit it.

• I would like to run a scoop up to the grill, but not ready to relocate the washer reservoir yet. I have a K&N drop in, and compared to stock (switched it @ 10K which was 12K ago) I noticed next to no improvement in power and zero gain in MPG. I believe just removing the trumpet (DIY airbox mod, except eliminating the thing instead of just cutting it off) from the intake box to the fender bought me more of a power gain than the K&N drop-in. I think the cone is the way to go, and I want a dual cone so it can suck straight in from the fender instead of having to bend around the solid end plate the other CAIs (Volant, K&N, AEM, etc) use.

As for the accordian part of the tube, that is there to allow the top of the box to open for filter access. If you don't have that, then you can't access your filter without dismantling your intake. That is why I am planning to cut out the top of my box and use a VShortty custom plexilid to seal it back while still having the ability to reach in and access the cone filter. And the custom lid would look cool. If that all works out, I was trying to think of a good way to straighten the accordian out inside the tube. I don't want to replace it entirely because the resonator box on the side should help cut down on engine noise and also adds torque according to a couple CAI manufacturers.

If I can get Wraith off his butt to learn fiberglassing, then I may make a few things like the grill scooper out of fiberglass. One day I might also work up the nerve to make a hood scoop and port that into the air box. That will take a lot more cahones than I have right now to start cutting on my sheet metal. Big pipe dream at this point, but so was my exhaust a year ago.

Another thing that would be beneficial is a naca duct in the fender to help pull air through that space by the airbox. I saw one on a Titan a looong time ago on TT and everyone was speculating at its purpose. I'll see if I can find that old thread somewhere.

[quote name='Havock']Another thing that would be beneficial is a naca duct in the fender to help pull air through that space by the airbox.  I saw one on a Titan a looong time ago on TT and everyone was speculating at its purpose.  I'll see if I can find that old thread somewhere.[/quote]

I know exactly what youre talking about. Its like a vent in the fender right? I thought about that too.

Skyhammer

I have one, and possibly two Titan intakes. I will have to look in the shop to see if I threw away the intake for the 04, I know the 05 intake is in the shop. I think I may have used some of the clamps on something else, but everything else is still there.

Bottom line, you can have them for the cost of shipping. I will have to ship via the Post Office, as we don't have UPS, FedEx etc. where I live. PM your mailing address and I will find a box and ship one or both.