vacuum line by air cleaner

nikonshooter

As a new Titan owner I was doing a quick air filter change last weekend as darkness fell, and noticed that I had a vacuum line that didn't have any obvious ending point clipped near the bottom of my truck's air cleaner. I'll look in a more leisurely way next weekend in light, but if anyone can tell me 'yeah, that line is supposed to plug in there' I would appreciate any help. In the coming weeks I'll be changing fluids, looking for a clogged rear axle breather, and generally doing maintenance to keep this truck running for a long time. Oh yeah, buying a book too.

DClights

well if by book you mean service book that is on the internet and you need to pay to download it. It would help me at least if you had a picture of what you are referring to.

baseballfanz

[quote name='nikonshooter' timestamp='1299036524' post='160122']

As a new Titan owner I was doing a quick air filter change last weekend as darkness fell, and noticed that I had a vacuum line that didn't have any obvious ending point clipped near the bottom of my truck's air cleaner. I'll look in a more leisurely way next weekend in light, but if anyone can tell me 'yeah, that line is supposed to plug in there' I would appreciate any help. In the coming weeks I'll be changing fluids, looking for a clogged rear axle breather, and generally doing maintenance to keep this truck running for a long time. Oh yeah, buying a book too.

[/quote]

Probably the front diff breather hose.

mcginkleschmidt

[quote name='DClights' timestamp='1299037752' post='160123']

well if by book you mean service book that is on the internet and you need to pay to download it. It would help me at least if you had a picture of what you are referring to.

[/quote]

It is not clear what he means by the book but the Nissan Service Manual can be downloaded from here: Service Manual

And, welcome to the Spot nikonshooter.

honeykeeper

[quote name='nikonshooter' timestamp='1299036524' post='160122']

[/quote]

I agree with the breather tube possibility if you have a 4x4 Titan.........now I suggest reading and installing the rear axle vent mod for any Titan:

http://www.titanspot...=1

nikonshooter

Wow- lots of info. Thank you! My truck is 4x4 so I'll bet the breather tube is the answer. I'll take a closer look this weekend when I have time and daylight since I need to change fluids anyhow. Honeykeeper's rear axle breather mod is high on my list, I have some leakage on both rear seals already so I will probably do the breather mod before I toss in new seals and bearings. The truck I got just hit 99k; since my last 86' 4x4 Nissan went to 250k before I got rid of it, I have high hopes the newer, full size Nissan will go a long, long time.

Thanks again to everyone for your help;

Dave