Ultra Gauge

steves

So, in the past month I've made a few trips for work where I drove my truck as opposed to getting a rental car. Normally I take a rental car to save on the wear and tear of my personal vehicle but occasionally the convenience of leaving/returning directly to/from home trumps that.

I had read in the past about the Scan Gauge, and was thinking about picking one up to play with... but the price sort of put me off. It's pretty expensive for what it is.

So while researching scan gauge purchasing options, I came across the Ultra Gauge (http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm) which sells for 1/2 or 1/3 of the cost depending on how you look at it.

The gauge itself seems fairly well put together. It comes in a box with the gauge (and OBD cable which is permanently attached), a bracket, and a mounting arm.

So far I'm impressed with it, but I've only been playing with it a little bit.

Seems like a workable, cheaper alternative to the scan gauge.

Note their website currently says "out of stock" however I placed my order two weeks ago, and it came last Wednesday.

scottsbro23

I've been wanting the scanguage forever....this looks like more in my budget!..lol I really just want something to tell me how many miles I have left in my tank. Nice find!

steves

I still have to determine a mounting location that won't interfere with the cable coming out of the left side of the unit, and still being at a readable level.

Holding it in my hand is not the best way :D

If you wait, apparently they often put them on sale for cheap like $40...

DevilDawg

[quote name='steves' timestamp='1302002727' post='160448']

I still have to determine a mounting location that won't interfere with the cable coming out of the left side of the unit, and still being at a readable level.

Holding it in my hand is not the best way :D

If you wait, apparently they often put them on sale for cheap like $40...

[/quote]

You should be able to mount it lower left side. Near where the A-pillar and dash come together. This should also allow you to angle it to see in all lighting. I know sometimes lcd screens are hard to read depending on where the sun is at.

You could get all trick on us and mount it high like where the overhead sunglass holder is at. If you have it that is...

scottsbro23

[quote name='DevilDawg' timestamp='1301970310' post='160447']

Scuba yours doesn't have an app for that?

[/quote]

Negative Ghost Rider....I have an original Titan...lol

scottsbro23

[quote name='DevilDawg' timestamp='1302035954' post='160457']

My 04 told me the DTE and instant mileage. I had the right combination of packages I guess.

[/quote]

Where did it display it? On the Odometer/trip display?? WTF?? I got an LE...hmmm boy I hope I haven't had it this whole time and never pressed the dang trip button enough or somfin..lol

DevilDawg

Kev, a better quote for your sig line, "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

scottsbro23

[quote name='krh2' timestamp='1302048829' post='160461']

Lol Steve. My wifes LE fronty has it. U prolly have it too

[/quote]

Just got back from our ball game.. 9-1 win...gonna go check now. (didn't drive tonight)

krh2

Administrator
[quote name='scottsbro23' timestamp='1302062046' post='160464']

Just got back from our ball game.. 9-1 win...gonna go check now. (didn't drive tonight)

[/quote]

You wont admit it, lmao

steves

Well, the 05 SE's didn't have that option... so no clue on what the LE's might have....

I was thinking of making a mount that would attach to one of the fins on the driver's side air vent...

steves

Okay, so my turn signals started acting funny. They would blink slow, or start staying solid on.

I thought that the flasher unit was going bad, but duh turns out in the T flash is controlled by the BCM.

I disconnected the ultragauge and back to normal.

Contacted the company and was given some instructions to follow to see if it resolved the problem.

Apparently Nissan didn't use CANBUS on my particular vintage truck.