TitanSpot.com Moderator Guidelines

BLWedge09

Administrator
These are the guidelines that moderators here at TitanSpot.com are expected to follow. We, as a group, decided it best to make this public knowledge so that members know what to expect from us.

If you ever feel that you have a problem with a moderator that needs to be addressed, you are free to contact another moderator or myself via pm. We will take your complaint and discuss it to come to a resolution. I will have the final say, but I expect that we will have no problems coming to a resolution as a group. We have a fine group of fair and level-headed moderators here. I don't expect problems to arise often. We do not want members here to feel intimidated in any way. We are always open to suggestions/constructive critcism.

1.) First and foremost, the mods are here to help the members before all else.

2.) Mods are members first, mods second. Participate on the forum as you would normally. Only put on your "Mod Hat" when you deem it necessary.

3.) When it is possible get another mod involved when handling a situation.

4.) If a mod bans a member it's temporary(up to 3 days). The temporary ban will be lifted after 3 days whether the administrator has made a decision or not. If the member takes an action worthy of another ban, they will get another temporary ban. If it happens a third time, they won't be allowed back until the administrator has made a final decision.

Only the Administrator can ban a person for any length of time.

Updated 8/19/06 - This rule does not apply to spammers. Moderators have the right to permanently ban anyone who posts SPAM on this board without input from other moderators or the administrator.

5.) No lying, being secretive, or playing favorites when it comes to Mod duties. ex. If a member gets banned in a thread by a mod, don't delete the posts that lead up to it. Reference the offending post with an explanation that (insert member here) was banned because...

6.) Strive to give fair notice about any upcoming changes to the site and let the members know that it's their site and they do have a say.

7.) If you don't have the time or desire step aside. Someone else does.

8.) Only the site administrator can make the final decision to remove a mod. Other mods will have the chance to make their opinion known. If a mod receives a PM criticizing another mod, then the PM needs to be forwarded to BLWedge09 for his notice and review before any public action is taken.

I am leaving this thread open for responses for the time being. Please only post serious, on-topic responses in this thread. Anything considered off-topic in this thread will be removed.

Thank you.

jdmartin

Looks like a pretty good group of guidelines to me. If other sites would have their mods follow the same guidelines I'd bet they'd have a whole lot less problems.

BLWedge09

Administrator
[quote name='Austin']Was this created or modified after the Squidster left?[/quote]

Squid was 100% behind this effort. In fact, the original idea was his. Unfortunately, he made the decision to step down as a moderator before we finished. The current moderators and myself tweaked the original rough set of rules that Squid drew up and came up with what you see above.

The basic idea is that as members, you should know what to expect from your moderators.

MusicCityTitan

Sounds good Wedge. The best way to keep rumors down is to not let them spread. Removing posts that lead to a member being banned only invites more speculation and rumors to be spread. Let everyone see why you and the mods made your decision. (if you ever have to make one like that. Not that you would with the great group of members we have on here.)

Thanks for putting together a great site and striving to make it better!

BLWedge09

Administrator
[quote name='Titan Critter']hey those look good

who actually owns this site?  is it wedge?  just wondering[/quote]

Yep, it's me Titan Critter. Although, it wouldn't be anything without all of the great members!

jhromy

[quote name='Ditch64242']any chance on becomming a moderator?[/quote]

any chance on you giving me some money?

WindsorFox

"4.) If a mod bans a member it's temporary(up to 3 days). The temporary ban will be lifted after 3 days whether the administrator has made a decision or not. If the member takes an action worthy of another ban, they will get another temporary ban. If it happens a third time, they won't be allowed back until the administrator has made a final decision. "

Well, that is MUCH more in line with common thinking in the vast majority of forums on the web. Unlike one in particular that will remain nameless...