The Absorber

TITNTUFF

Available at Target and Wal Mart for about $10. A rubbery feeling chamois advertised to dry faster and easier.

I have been using micro fiber cloths to dry the Titan. I thought I would try the Absorber. It works.

If you fold the absorber in quarters and use it as a squeegie it will dry the sides. If you slap it on the roof and hood like a chamois and drag it to you it soaks up water extremely well. Wring it out and it is good for another run.

Watch out for grit settling on the truck before drying, as it would scratch.

Tar and grease wipe off without washing.

Machine washable, but I have not washed mine, only rinsed it off.

I have had great results using the Absorber in my continuing battle against water spots.

TitanOn24s

[quote name='TITNTUFF' post='133372' date='Oct 1 2008, 01:29 PM']Available at Target and Wal Mart for about $10. A rubbery feeling chamois advertised to dry faster and easier.

I have been using micro fiber cloths to dry the Titan. I thought I would try the Absorber. It works.

If you fold the absorber in quarters and use it as a squeegie it will dry the sides. If you slap it on the roof and hood like a chamois and drag it to you it soaks up water extremely well. Wring it out and it is good for another run.

I have had great results using the Absorber in my continuing battle against water spots.[/quote]

Had a few of those before I went with micro fiber clothes...they work well!! Only problem was If you had them stored for a while after using them (Because the directions say not to let them dry out)...they develop a "funky smell"...

They work a lot better than a regular chamois IMO.

honeykeeper

[quote name='TITNTUFF' post='133372' date='Oct 1 2008, 01:29 PM']Available at Target and Wal Mart for about $10. A rubbery feeling chamois advertised to dry faster and easier.

I have had great results using the Absorber in my continuing battle against water spots.[/quote]

Excellent information and great price. Washing then drying a vehicle in direct sunlight seems to really cause water spots from my experience. I wash me Titan in the gravel parking lot then dry it in a covered carport and haven't had the "water spot" issue since.

I will look for the Absorber and give it a try.

TITNTUFF

I was looking for the ShamWows to give them a try.

Sam's club sells bulk packs of microfiber cloths. I normally go thru about six or seven per wash. I throw them in the washing machine with liquid dish washing soap and a little Simple Green, and reuse them.

Wal Mart sells a microfiber towel that works well for drying, and wrings out well.

The local water is extremely hard, and water spots everything. It even clogs shower heads and sprinklers. Water filters and softeners don't seem to help.