Slip Slip Slip

Stennis

[quote name='krh2' post='134499' date='Oct 16 2008, 07:52 PM']I dont think Trutrac and vdc will work. I was showing off one night after work to some Ee's and this is what happend.

From a stop i put it in N then hit my burn out mod switch.. Hit the brake and rev it to 3k, let off the brake and gun it.... Fishtailed for maybe 20 yds then my whole dash lit up, and my engine dropped to idle and my truck was in neutral even though the column shifter said "D".....Why? I forgot to turn off the VDC... Turns out it was a good thing this night as I was fishtailin I was headed for a curb. VDC saved my arse by shuttin me down. Lesson: TT is fun but be sure to have penty of lateral space.. LOL.....[/quote]

I understand completly. Everything completely lights up and the engine shuts down (less power). I have a mechanic doing some research for me. He has all kinds of ASE certifications in brakes...

Sftail1990

[quote name='Stennis' post='134630' date='Oct 19 2008, 07:09 PM']I understand completly. Everything completely lights up and the engine shuts down (less power). I have a mechanic doing some research for me. He has all kinds of ASE certifications in brakes...[/quote]

Do the true trac and then there will be no issue with ABLS trying to brake a wheel, it will drive both wheels and one for the most part will not need to be braked due to the limited slip capability of the true trac. I think that you will find that the ABLS will be taken out of the equation. As far as the engine losing power, that doesn't make sense, that has to be a separate issue unless you have unless you had VDC and in that case, turn the darn thing off. And really, if the ABLS was applying the brake to one wheel to eliminate spin, that should not have an effect on the motor rpm, even if it did you should have the motor overide that in a heartbeat as long as your foot was off the brake.

honeykeeper

[quote name='Sftail1990' post='134645' date='Oct 19 2008, 10:44 PM']Do the true trac and then there will be no issue with ABLS trying to brake a wheel, it will drive both wheels and one for the most part will not need to be braked due to the limited slip capability of the true trac. I think that you will find that the ABLS will be taken out of the equation. As far as the engine losing power, that doesn't make sense, that has to be a separate issue unless you have unless you had VDC and in that case, turn the darn thing off. And really, if the ABLS was applying the brake to one wheel to eliminate spin, that should not have an effect on the motor rpm, even if it did you should have the motor overide that in a heartbeat as long as your foot was off the brake.[/quote]

Gotta agree with Sf on the benefits of TrueTrac. This should be your next mod along with the Mag Hytec cover before the boating season starts.......or did it end?

nascarjody

Before you go & put a trutrac try this. Whe you get ready to pull the boat out apply the parking brake a little bit to get both rear wheels pulling. If one still spins the put it on a little more. Just remember to release it befor you drive home. This basicly does the same thing as the ABLS with out the ABLS kicking in. Hopefull this works for you.

swarren1

A little bit of construction sand spread on the slippery part of the ramp might help too. Shouldn't take more than a few cups. I'm, buying some today for tomorrow's snow trip.