side to side sway

danielk

didnt know what forum to post it in sorry i just threw it in here.

i dont load my bikes in my T very often but i remb when i drove to fl i had a good bit of side to side sway, yes from the lift it sit high an with bout 1000lbs in the back prob. not the smartest but has to be done from time to time.cause of sway can be from other cars flying by, canyon driving, curves or going to fast i could feel it and its not a very comfortable feeling because its not something you can control when it happens.

anyhow what is the best mods/parts to change/add to prevent this?

danielk

kev i think its alit diff having the weight in the bed of the truck up high then on a trailer behind you JMO.

thanks for the move.

without the bikes in the back i have no prob what so ever with sway just curious what my option are to prevent it when i do load em up.

krh2

Administrator
[quote name='danielk' post='142371' date='Mar 3 2009, 10:44 AM']kev i think its alit diff having the weight in the bed of the truck up high then on a trailer behind you JMO.

thanks for the move.

without the bikes in the back i have no prob what so ever with sway just curious what my option are to prevent it when i do load em up.[/quote]

You could stiffen your suspension with some Hellwig helper springs.. Cheap and an easy install. They also help axle wrap a little.

danielk

sry WN i dont remb what type of shock it is.

my ride is very stiff but i like it that way it rides better off-road i think haha.

yes i have the fabtech add a leaf in from the kit. i thought bout the deaver springs just not sure.

danielk

i will eventually bc i think it will raise it more anyhow. i guess ill just drive slower when i have em loaded up for now to much money to change em right now.

Hcarr

As you can see from my pic, I had the same problem. I am wondering if my problem is with the trailer, or possibly the suspension of the truck? I had sway bars installed and that seemed to make the problem worse.

[quote name='danielk' timestamp='1236050382' post='142297']

didnt know what forum to post it in sorry i just threw it in here.

i dont load my bikes in my T very often but i remb when i drove to fl i had a good bit of side to side sway, yes from the lift it sit high an with bout 1000lbs in the back prob. not the smartest but has to be done from time to time.cause of sway can be from other cars flying by, canyon driving, curves or going to fast i could feel it and its not a very comfortable feeling because its not something you can control when it happens.

anyhow what is the best mods/parts to change/add to prevent this?

[/quote]

Attachments