Send one up for my mom and the family...........

ttammunek04

Found out today that my Mom has cancer. She's got a spot on her large intestine about the size of a tennis ball. About 5-1/2 years ago she had gastric bypass surgery and has been having spotty issues on and off. She went to her doctor a couple of weeks ago and he deemed her fine, but wanted to take a catscan just be safe. She was supposed to report back in 2 weeks for the results and a consultation of the findings. They contacted her the next evening stating that she needed to come back down for a colonoscopy within the week. Well she went back today and found out the news. They squeezed her in and are operating tomorrow to remove about a 8" to 10" section of her intestine and plan to re-attach. Hopefully they have found it early and this will clear up any future issues. I ask that you please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we approach this difficult time. Thanks in advance.

honeykeeper

[quote name='ttammunek04' post='152452' date='Sep 2 2009, 04:17 PM']Found out today that my Mom has cancer. She's got a spot on her large intestine about the size of a tennis ball. About 5-1/2 years ago she had gastric bypass surgery and has been having spotty issues on and off. She went to her doctor a couple of weeks ago and he deemed her fine, but wanted to take a catscan just be safe. She was supposed to report back in 2 weeks for the results and a consultation of the findings. They contacted her the next evening stating that she needed to come back down for a colonoscopy within the week. Well she went back today and found out the news. They squeezed her in and are operating tomorrow to remove about a 8" to 10" section of her intestine and plan to re-attach. Hopefully they have found it early and this will clear up any future issues. I ask that you please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we approach this difficult time. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I hope it goes well for her and that you "keep" us posted. Prayers sent from the mountain top.

honeykeeper

[quote name='ttammunek04' post='152452' date='Sep 2 2009, 04:17 PM']Found out today that my Mom has cancer. She's got a spot on her large intestine about the size of a tennis ball. About 5-1/2 years ago she had gastric bypass surgery and has been having spotty issues on and off. She went to her doctor a couple of weeks ago and he deemed her fine, but wanted to take a catscan just be safe. She was supposed to report back in 2 weeks for the results and a consultation of the findings. They contacted her the next evening stating that she needed to come back down for a colonoscopy within the week. Well she went back today and found out the news. They squeezed her in and are operating tomorrow to remove about a 8" to 10" section of her intestine and plan to re-attach. Hopefully they have found it early and this will clear up any future issues. I ask that you please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we approach this difficult time. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I hope it goes well for her and that you "keep" us posted. Prayers sent from the mountain top.....in double!

BLWedge09

Administrator
[quote name='ttammunek04' post='152452' date='Sep 2 2009, 03:17 PM']Found out today that my Mom has cancer. She's got a spot on her large intestine about the size of a tennis ball. About 5-1/2 years ago she had gastric bypass surgery and has been having spotty issues on and off. She went to her doctor a couple of weeks ago and he deemed her fine, but wanted to take a catscan just be safe. She was supposed to report back in 2 weeks for the results and a consultation of the findings. They contacted her the next evening stating that she needed to come back down for a colonoscopy within the week. Well she went back today and found out the news. They squeezed her in and are operating tomorrow to remove about a 8" to 10" section of her intestine and plan to re-attach. Hopefully they have found it early and this will clear up any future issues. I ask that you please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we approach this difficult time. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

Prayers sent. My Aunt had almost the exact same situation happen a couple years ago. She had it removed, went through some chemo to make sure they got it all, and has been doing fine since. Hope things go as smoothly for your mom.

mdawg4x4

Prayers sent for her and the rest of the family. God is the great physician. May He lay his healing hand on your mom and comfort the rest of the family.

ttammunek04

Well the surgery went well today. The doctor ended up removing about 10" to 12" of Mom's transverse colon. The mass ended up being about the size of a medium lemon. He was pretty confident that he was able to remove the cancer as it looked confinded to the tumor. He found some nodes that were benine. The reattachment of the intestine went good as well. Now were waiting on the results of the pathology test on her lymohnodes which we should have by Monday morning. Doc stated that if the results came back negative, then there would be no need for follow up chemo or radiation therapy. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.