RockFord Fosgate System Question?

babyboy8100

I was wondering about the Rockford fosgate system in my LE does have an internal or external amp? if it has an external amp can it be swap for a different one you know like Kenwood? please help me out figuering this out.

Thanks...

QWIKWHIP

[quote name='babyboy8100']I was wondering about the Rockford fosgate system in my LE does have an internal or external amp? if it has an external amp can it be swap for a different one you know like Kenwood? please help me out figuering this out.

Thanks...[/quote]

The Fosgate stereo does have an external amp, however it does not operate like a standard amp, meaning you can't just change it out for something better. You will have to get a line out converter or replace the whole thing with an aftermarket deck. If you had the non-rockford fosgate deck there would actually have been more options for you.

steves

^ what he said.

You're kinda stuck if you've got nav. Otherwise you may as well just replace everything.

Titan Critter

actually, what i did was to bypass the stock amp and run the new door speakers off a true RF amp. i left the three dash speakers on the factory amp. and i did use a line out converter, but i kept the stock head unit also.

zpaulr

The Maestro and anyone else:

Can you provide more details of how this was done: "bypass the stock amp and run the new door speakers off a true RF amp. i left the three dash speakers on the factory amp. and i did use a line out converter,"?

Thanks!