Remote Start Questions

DevilDawg

Sorry for pasting from the "other place", but I need to find answers to confirm an order. Thanks for the help

I have just finished reading all 20 threads with the words "remote start" in the search engine. I am wanting to use the DEI products to add to my 2004 CC SE with the keyless entry. It seems that some of you, and not picking on you Grunge311, just the name I remembered. Have had some luck with just the remote start module, and the universal bypass. I also gather that I will need to have another key that I don't mind losing to install into the bypass. My question is in the operation. If I use the 561T and the 556U, will I still use the FACTORY KEYFOB, or will I have to change to the DEI remotes? I also would like to know where about the cost to have this installed would be. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 bucks give or take? I am fine doing stereo installs, but when it comes to taping into the ignition and computer harnesses, I am willing to have someone else responsible. Thanks for your help, and I hope that one day we will have all the answers to this question.

QWIKWHIP

Re: Bump

[quote name='DevilDawg']Has anyone got any input on this?[/quote]

Sorry DD I can't really help ya on this one. However, I have yet to see any aftermarket remote starters that work with the OEM remotes.

Havock

Re: Bump

[quote name='DevilDawg']Has anyone got any input on this?[/quote]I have absolutely no knowledge on this subject, sorry.

tjmutlow

the 561t is an add on remote start and does not have reomote key pads, it is incorporated in the factory keypad

QWIKWHIP

[quote name='tjmutlow']the 561t is an add on remote start and does not have reomote key pads, it is incorporated in the factory keypad[/quote]

I just did a quick Google on the 561T. It looks to me like it can only be added to aftermarket alarms and keyless entry systems. Not an OEM system? I don't know that much about them but make sure you double check that. Also, if you use your OEM remote, you will only get the range that the remote allows, which unfortunately isn't much.

DevilDawg

tj,

Yeah I got a response back from a vendor to verify this.

Qwik,

Yes it will only get out as far as the fob's current distance. Which is far enough from inside the house. It works just fine with the factory keyless system. You also have to add the 556U and an encoded key which you have to buy extra. Comes out to 108.99 plus shipping plus whatever you can get a key for. I am waiting for this to show up to see if it is a DevilDawg install or not. I have been informed other sites, that it is. I am really willing to pay Mobile One to mess it up and have to replace harnesses however. I might still end up with the full on Python. It is more, but it is also a full 2 way paging alarm with remote start. Down sid eit the 530 bucks plus key, plus tax. Get what you pay for I guess.

tjmutlow

That truck is not easy to put the alarms in, there are some things that the doors and signals, my friend put mine in(he works for a shop-foreman) doors have to be diode isolated and it has a double pulse system, so when the car shuts off, it takes a second for the doors to unlock.

BLWedge09

Administrator
[quote name='DevilDawg']tj,

Qwik,

Yes it will only get out as far as the fob's current distance. Which is far enough from inside the house. It works just fine with the factory keyless system. You also have to add the 556U and an encoded key which you have to buy extra. Comes out to 108.99 plus shipping plus whatever you can get a key for. I am waiting for this to show up to see if it is a DevilDawg install or not. I have been informed other sites, that it is. I am really willing to pay Mobile One to mess it up and have to replace harnesses however. I might still end up with the full on Python. It is more, but it is also a full 2 way paging alarm with remote start. Down sid eit the 530 bucks plus key, plus tax. Get what you pay for I guess.[/quote]

I was looking at the 561T here: http://www.autotechs.com/items/item997.htm when researching this. According this page: http://www.autotechs.com/catalog/bypassguide.html , the Titan doesn't require a bypass module which is what I assume is the 556U that yu listed. What vendor did you contact?

steves

[quote name='DevilDawg']tj,

Qwik,

Yes it will only get out as far as the fob's current distance. Which is far enough from inside the house. It works just fine with the factory keyless system. You also have to add the 556U and an encoded key which you have to buy extra. Comes out to 108.99 plus shipping plus whatever you can get a key for. I am waiting for this to show up to see if it is a DevilDawg install or not. I have been informed other sites, that it is. I am really willing to pay Mobile One to mess it up and have to replace harnesses however. I might still end up with the full on Python. It is more, but it is also a full 2 way paging alarm with remote start. Down sid eit the 530 bucks plus key, plus tax. Get what you pay for I guess.[/quote]

If you decide to go with a key in the box, I'd just buy a blank from eBay or Jersey and get it programmed but not cut.