Please say a prayer for my mom....

WhiteNite

She is at St. Vincents Hospital. I just found out. My dad took her at 6am this morning. She has chest pains on her left side starting under her arm and going across her chest to the center of her chest. She is in a lot of pain if she went to the ER. Last time she was in the ER her Pancreias was about to explode, she said it was worse than giving birth. They ran all the normal ER cardiac test and they were normal. The doctors told her/dad that diabetis could hide heart problems from the test and guess what....she has diabetis! They are sending her to have a stress test done and will go from there. She has bad veins and they already busted the main 2 from the 1st IV....She called to tell me and she sounded bad, very pitiful......

I will keep you all posted as I find out. I hope this is just a pulled muscle or something simple like that.....

Thank you

WhiteNite

OK they put her through a battery of tests including a 4hr stress test. They all came back normal. So the genius doctors give her Loratab and tell her to come back if it gets worse. Her doctor gets back from vacation on Monday and will do more testing. I told her if they cant figure out what it is then how can they be 100% its not cardiac related.......So we have to wait till Monday or until she gets worse! Makes no sense to me...

FireWalker42

Like I already said she and your family are in my prayers. They may not have found the cause but looks like they are starting to rule some things out. They wouldn't let her go home if she hadn't stabilized. Thanks for the update also, was busy at work and couldn't respond.

WhiteNite

Thanks guys! I just went and saw her....she looks pretty bad, her hands/arms are all brused up from all the blood they took. Had to go in 4 different places, veins kept colapsing. She is wore out and in lots of pain. Big issue is she has high blood pressure, so the more pain she is in the higher the blood pressure. It got up (diastolic #) to 100 at the hospital, which is entering stroke level.... The more and more she talks about the symptoms it sounds like chostalcondritis, something I had a while back. Its inflimation of the cartilage b/w the ribs, VERY VERY VERY painful. pretty much any move you make including breathing feels like someone is stabbing you in the chest/back with a Rambo knife.....

I will keep you guys posted. Im hoping it is what I had cause it only lasts 2 weeks and she is starting week 2 and as long as you take the 800mg Motrin and take it SUPER easy you will be just fine......Still real scary to have your parent in the ER for chest pains...she is 61 so its not something to take lightly....

WhiteNite

[quote name='honeykeeper' post='150949' date='Jul 17 2009, 10:26 PM']Prayers sent to your mom and family WN. I hope she recovers well and soon.[/quote]

Thank you Tom! Even if it turns out to be the chostalcondritis its just a reality check. They are getting old and it kinda sucks to have to watch it....Wish I could turn back time for them....

WhiteNite

Thank you all. Just got off the phone with her...she is doing much better. Which is seeming to prove that our chostalcondritis theory may be true and even more so that she seems to be getting a sore throat and signs of sinus infection. Chostalcondritis usually comes before/after another infection.....She is still very weak but she sounds MUCH better, still not normal happy bebopping mom but getting there. I can not tell you how much this means to me, its just really scary when you get that call and they already have problems like high blood pressure. She is following up with her doc tomorrow so hopefully he will be able to explain.

WhiteNite

She spoke to the doctor today and he is still waiting on some results, hopefully she will get in to see him tomorrow. I went and saw her tonight and she looks good, and sounds great. She said its amazing how much better she feels, Im not amazed....its the power of prayer, I thank you all so SO much! I will keep everyone posted as I know more.