Please keep me in your prayers

BLWedge09

Administrator
It's been a rough week. One way or another, I'm going to lose my job in its current form. Our whole department is being outsourced to another company. They're going to keep 70% of the people at least for a while, but we won't find out who until 2:00 PM Central time tomorrow. If I don't make that cut, I'll stay on the payroll until April 30th and then be out of a job completely if I can't find another one in the company. It all hinges on the email we're supposed to receive at 2:00 tomorrow.

That brings me to my latest trouble...Without going into great detail, a couple weeks ago I was laying on the concrete driveway working on something when I turned kind of funny and "injured"...well, let's call it one of a pair...a part of the male anatomy. It wasn't that bad, and I thought all would be ok. After it had just about gotten better, I managed to do almost the same thing again. This time it hurt much worse and the swelling has never really gone away. I went to the doctor today, had an ultrasound, and got the news that nobody wants to hear. It looks like I have a tumor down there. I go for blood work and cat scan tomorrow, and then surgery is scheduled for the next day. It may just be exploratory, and it may mean removal. I pray that is the extent of it.

To add to all that, some of you know that I just purchased a house in December and have yet to make a payment. Like I said, it's been a bad week.

Whether or not you believe, I do believe that the Lord God Almighty has a plan for all of us. I don't know his whole plan for me yet, only that this is part of it. I've prayed about it, and will continue to do so. I know that he is with me at all times and is watching over me. I'm not going to lie, I'm scared right now. I just ask that you say a prayer for me during this.

Thanks,

Brandon Wedgeworth

BLWedge09

WhiteNite

Prayers sent Brandon! God NEVER gives us more than we can handle and always gives us the option to make us better in the end. He gives us the choice, take the challenge he has laid in front of us and make our lives better from it or lay down and give up. God is always in control if we just lay our problems and worries at his feet. It seems sometimes, and Im just as guilty as the rest, our ego gets in the way. We "Think" we can figure it out and "FIX" it. Its not until that moment that we are just about to break because we have not fixed things and have just made them worse that we decide to ask him for help and guidance. Trust in the Lord our God and rejoice in his name, lay your worries and burdens at his feet and May HIS Will Be Done!

God bless you brother and keep us posted!

steves

Brandon,

I saw this yesterday, and I'm just speechless. I will keep you in my thoughts and wish the best for you.

honeykeeper

Like all the others said..........prayers sent and the very best of luck!

Jobs have been shaky for me for awhile but now things are looking better over here.

Good luck with health and jobs and make the most with what you got..........that's what life's about.

Be well.....

TitanCanuck

Wow....I will be praying for you man...

I couldn't agree more with Whitenite, it always seems as though everything happens at once. I am only 25 but I have been through a lifetime of grief already and know what it's like when you think it couldn't get any worse.

You will pull through, you have plenty of people here on your side, good luck!!

BLWedge09

Administrator
Quick update tonight as I'm laying here in the bed. The tumor was cancerous, but a very non-agressive type. It was removed and my pelvic and lower abdominal CT scans were clear. I have to go for a chest CT Monday. If that is clear, then th course forward will be fairly simple. If not, well, we'll go from there. Please keep praying! I know it works!

As for the job situation, I was one of the fortunate ones to be offered a position at the new company. I should be doing basically the same job for a different employer...who is contracted by my old employer. I feel very fortunate, as only 5 of the 10 members of my group were offered positions.

Thank you all for your prayers. You have no idea what they mean to me. Please continue praying for me, as this isn't over yet and It is in God's hands.

nascarjody

I just saw this & my thoughts & prayers are with you. I am glad the job is working out . I hope & pray that the scan goes well. Cancer is nothing to mess with.

Homer

Brandon, I just saw this and my prayers are with you and I'm glad that you survived the job cuts. Stay strong.

mdawg4x4

Brandon, glad to hear about the job and still remembering you in prayer for your health. Stay positive. God is always in control!

TITNTUFF

Thanks for the update.

Glad you kept your job. Hope the pay and benefits (especially insurance) are better.

Prayers and best wishes on the health issue. Speedy recovery.

terryu1

Sorry to hear of your troubles Brandon, Have not been around much. Some issues but nothing approaching yours. Even though things are looking up, you can not have enough prayer and well wishes I think. You will be at the top of the list tonight. If you need anything give a yell.

BigSkiff

Brandon, I just read this tonight. I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles. I'm glad your surgery went well and I pray that it need not go any further. Congrats on the job, I'm sure that has to be a relief. When ever one door closes another one always opens. Try to stay positive and know that we are all pulling for you!