Pioneer AVH-P4200 or Clarion VX409

dinkygre

I am new to this site and looking at buying a new head unit for my 05 Titan. After searching online and going through some reviews, I have narrowed my choice down to Pioneer AVH-P4200 and Clarion VX409. Both look awesome and fully loaded with latest features. Can anyone help me to choose the best one? Personally I like the Pioneer more, but my cousin told me that the sound quality of Clarion VX409 is much better. If you have any better recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

BLWedge09

Administrator
I'm with your cousin on this one. I've been a big fan of Clarion for years. Always liked the sound quality more than other brands I've tried.

steves

The vx400 comes with standard bluetooth, I have it in my truck and am very pleased with it.

The only thing I'm not 100% crazy about, is reusing the mounting brackets from the stock radio. I feel that the metra kit, and the stock brackets put a double din radio at a foul angle.

Luckily I have a friend with a rather large plasma table and we're going to work out some new brackets, and he'll have them for sale. Should be in the next few weeks.