Nissan reportedly to build diesel pickup trucks - From Fox News

BLWedge09

Administrator
<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Cummins Inc. plans to disclose on Tuesday an agreement to supply Nissan Motor with a diesel engine for its Titan pickup trucks, people familiar with the matter said.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">The Columbus, Ind.-based company earlier said it would announce a job-creating engine project. A spokeswoman for the company declined to provide details.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Cummins currently supplies diesel engines for some Chrysler Group LLC pickup trucks.

<p style="font-size:12px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Nissan last year sold 21,576 Titan full-size pickups

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/08/20/nissan-reportedly-to-build-diesel-pickup-trucks/#ixzz2cW5Kfq2f

DevilDawg

I'm with steves on this. But I would really like to see the mileage ratings. Given how much the US Govt hates diesels in autos thye will try like heck to prevent this from being cheap enough to be marketable. Also, I really would like to see the new T. Please for the Love of All things Holy don't let it resemble spy shots of them testing the air flow for the diesel radiator.

steves

The new diesel cherokee is going to clock in at about 56k.  I assume the ram truck that gets it will be similarly priced....