Nissan NV Commercial Truck starts production

DClights

I wonder if for Nissan this is too little to late. I mean contractors/repair men those who work in the residential side especially are hurting for money and work and that means they are not going to buy vans. I also realize that many contractors may have older gas guzzling vans and they could save money long term by buying a newer van. But I still do not think that will get them to buy a new van. I could be 100% wrong but IMO this will end up being a big flop for Nissan.

ss350z

Any diesel in the works, that you can talk about mdawg? or any other scoop?

I also think it will be tough sale for small contractor types for now. But a lot of repair/remodel business and larger business are picking up (so to speak). I wonder if Nissan has reworked the engines to get better mpg's?

mdawg4x4

Diesel has, and still is, talked about, but the light commercial van industry has moved away from diesel engines at this time. As far as price, Nissan has looked at the market and priced this van competitively. With the options and conveniences that no other commercial has we expect to sell what we make. Projected production numbers are small at this time, unless the market drives them up.

ss350z

Yeah, I remember when I bought my Titan, I figured the extra cost to go to a diesel Chevy, would have taken me about 10 years to make back in lower fuel cost. Its only worth it if you drive a lot.