Nissan Exec says Exiting the Truck Segment is "Not Acceptable"

BLWedge09

Administrator
Nissan Exec says Exiting the Truck Segment is "Not Acceptable"

Author: Erick Ayapana
[font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Associate Online Editor

[font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]April 16, 2013 

[font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Source: MotorTrend

Despite the Titan’s decreasing relevance in the face of new and updated trucks such as the 2013 Ram 1500 and 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, Nissan is adamant about staying in the segment. We were on hand at this weekend’s Formula 1 race, where we caught up with Nissan VP of global marketing communications Simon Sproule, who explained why the company will continue selling trucks like the full-size Titan.

<p style="font-size:11px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;">“Many people say, ‘Why are you still in a declining segment,” Sproule told us. “It’s 1.7 million [units] a year – bigger than the entire U.K. market.

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/nissan-exec-says-exiting-the-truck-segment-is-not-acceptable-355487.html#ixzz2Ses2zXv8 

DevilDawg

Whatever they do, I just wish they would pull the handle already. Wife's Rogue will be ready for lease end around that time. It's up to Nissan to earn my money a 3rd time, otherwise its an F-150 FX4 for me.

BLWedge09

Administrator
Whatever they do, I just wish they would pull the handle already. Wife's Rogue will be ready for lease end around that time. It's up to Nissan to earn my money a 3rd time, otherwise its an F-150 FX4 for me.

Agreed.  I wish they'd just pull the trigger on something.  

How's the Sorrento doing for you?  My mom has a Sportage (the last year of the previous model) and it is surprisingly well built and has held up very well.  I have been impressed with the quality there.

DevilDawg

Really enjoying it so far. I miss having a truck for sure, but the mileage is hard to beat. So far it has had less problems than either of my T's and is the first of this newer body style. The Kia guys really stepped up their game lately. I think they hired an old Mercedes designer away, which would explain some of the styling.

I have almost 45k on the clock so far and only had to get it worked on once for a freak starter wire issue. They did a couple of service campaigns at the last oil change also. Oh, and the ton of electronics kills batteries in these at 2yrs like it did in my Titans. They just had to swap it out for a new one.