New Struts "Over-Extended + other issues" Need Advise....

Out_of_Sight

I had my struts changed out yesterday because my old ones had 130K miles of wear on them. I told the shop that I wanted struts that were tall enough so I can chunk the leveling spacers in the trash. They gave my truck back with more issues than it had going in. The struts are over-extended because they can't figure it out, the old leveling spacers were bent to hell, and the inner tie-rods are seized to death, so they were not able to do an alignment for me. I swiped the credit card at $488... They recommend me to not travel, avoid big bumps, and to bring the truck back tomorrow. Not only did I leave feeling nervous as shit, but I'm guessing they will charge me another couple hundred to fix what is wrong. Suspension is out of my relm of knowledge and I feel more comfortable having a professional work on it. Does anyone see anything wrong in the following pictures, that could help me understand what is not right??? Sorry if my information is lacking... I will answer any questions to the best of my abilities and will take additional pictures if requested.

DevilDawg

Well dang, that spacer should be shipped to Greg at PRG for him to use as advertising. He might work you out a deal on a set of superior ones.

You are probably missing the bump stops also. Oh and slow down over the speed bumps. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing that fixes your problem.

DevilDawg

The bump stops are just rubber bumper pads that prevent the metal from compressingg so harshly, shortening the life of the shocks. Also the added stress seems to have done a heckuva number on those style spacers.