My Rock Sliders

danielk

So about a week ago a friend and i decided to finally build my rock sliders.

Cost- $105.00 Metal

plus- $ Flap disk, Grinding disk etc apx. $15.00

Grand total= $120

Time- total hours apx. 8 including designing, cutting, welding etc.

Let me know what you think, i still plan on adding gussets.

Attachments

scottsbro23

Come on just admit it...you needed steps to get in your T.... Lol. You gonna gusset at the frame? If our doors weren't designed like they are u get make em flush with the bottom of the cab ( like the sliders for Fronty's). Now make a pair that sit closer to the body and send them to me to test.....lmao. Good job on em.

danielk

no i dont but the wife does..... yea gusset at the frame... y not??? its already extremely strong just thought i might add a little more to it... well the way i look at it is my frame sits that low so i basically just aligned then with the bottom of the frame, if i hit a big rock the frame would hit anyhow so thats y i decided to have them lower and use them as steps too... yea thats right if i made a set like mine for your truck they would get you stuck over a speed bump huh? Thanks

[quote name='scottsbro23' timestamp='1285790606' post='158667']

Come on just admit it...you needed steps to get in your T.... Lol. You gonna gusset at the frame? If our doors weren't designed like they are u get make em flush with the bottom of the cab ( like the sliders for Fronty's). Now make a pair that sit closer to the body and send them to me to test.....lmao. Good job on em.

[/quote]

danielk

so i painted em with el cheapo rubberized undercoating to give them a little grip for my shoes but where i step up it has almost rubbed off. i think its just because it was the cheap one but maybe its not strong enough for that.. .anyone know what i could use so my foot wont slide off when im stepping on them??

DevilDawg

DK, when we made my bumpers we had to make sure to use acetone to clean the metal. We then cleaned up seams with bondo. Then primered. Then applied the O'Reilly Auto Parts bedliner stuff with a roller. Get the 3 or 4" roller kit they sale, or one from Walmart. It needs to be a nylon mesh like you were gonna roll stucco on not a paint so much. Give PLENTY of cure time in between coats. I ended up with like four on each bumper. Then you can touch up with Rattlecan version after you go out.

Hope this helps Homie