My painted engine cover

Flight Test

I do like the looks of the painted cover, but let me play devil's advocate. The engine will get dirty wihout a doubt along with the cover. Isn't a PITA to keep the cover clean? Just wondering how well the fresh paint will hold up over time exposed to high temps, dirt etc. This is not a knock on my fellow Titan owners creativity, just curious.

VShortt

[quote name='Flight Test']I do like the looks of the painted cover, but let me play devil's advocate.  The engine will get dirty wihout a doubt along with the cover. Isn't a PITA to keep the cover clean?  Just wondering how well the fresh paint will hold up over time exposed to high temps, dirt etc. This is not a knock on my fellow Titan owners creativity, just curious.[/quote]Five pumps on a bottle of simple green, two minutes wait time, and a water hose. Problem solved. BTW 05, your cover looks awesome. Nice job, man.

jhromy

man i have to get the guts to do this...i just dont know what color i would go with...Is there a certain paint type/brand I should go with?

What about the underside of this cover? Do you tape it off or do you pant the underside also?

ttammunek04

I was thinking about doing this myself but I can't seem to find a color of green that closest matches my paint. I was wanting to go with Canteen green for the primary color and black as the secondary color, and leaving the lettering silver. Anybody know where I could maybe find some spray paint the closely resembles the Canteen Green Color?

titanse05

[quote name='VShortt']Sure is one purdy engine bay you got there.[/quote]

Thanks, I cleaned it for the pics.....

jhromy....I just painted the outside, no benefits to doing the inside. Go for it, it's not hard. Just clean it, spray it, mask it, spray it again, remove masking tape, clear the whole thing....Presto! Custom cover!

Best tip.....hold the spray paint can 10 inches away and use a lot of light even coats. I probably have 6 coats of gloss black plastic paint, 6 coats of charcoal, 6 coats of clear.

I just painted my chopper the same as my cover. I will post some pictures of it tomorrow. I think everybody will get one hell of a kick out of this.

In case anybody forgot what my cover looks like, here you go.

It has the white pin stripe and everything.

I cant wait to post these pictures.

Im thinkin of starting my own custom chopper shop.

I think I will call it...........TCC........Titan Custom Choppers!!!!

sorry, you gotta wait till tomorrow.

Attachments

TexasTitan

Does anyone know where you can get one of these engine

covers new for a reasonable price? I might want to modify one to fit better with a Volant if I decide to go that route.

Thanks

titanse05

Re: Does anyone know where you can get one of these engine

[quote name='TexasTitan']covers new for a reasonable price? I might want to modify one to fit better with a Volant if I decide to go that route.

Thanks[/quote]

Sorry it took me so long to see this..

Nissan Parts Cheap (I purchased an Armada Air Dam and a new Nissan Burger from them will great results)

Engine Cover $34.26 + S&H

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...t=1&catalogid=2

krh2

Administrator
I was thinking of taking my engine cover to a body shop and have it painted Deep Water to match my truck. Probably would not be too expensive.

QWIKWHIP

[quote name='krh2']I was thinking of taking my engine cover to a body shop and have it painted Deep Water to match my truck.  Probably would not be too expensive.[/quote]

That's what I did. I took the engine cover, door handles and grill. It cost me $150 for all of it.