Just Looking Back!!

Rossi

This is my Titan when she was a few months old...just learning how to walk. She was fairly stock...compared to now. Exhaust and a True Flow drop in filter.

This was me and my buddie that kicked my 2005 Titans butt when it had 22's on it. Yes...it is a 2500 Hemi not a 1500.

We've since went back to the track.....his best I think is 15.3 and mine is 14.4.

My Titan Video

adamdude04

Niiiice video..had me worried for a second when the Ram was pulling ahead, but once you kicked down and hit that 3k RPM power band, you just pulled like it was nothing! super super nice!

Rossi

One thing SuperChips does for the Hemi that we really need. When we shift...we loose ground...the tranny eases into gear. When the Hemi shifts...after Super Chips...it lurches forward. That is the momentum you seen him have....was his shift. Then I finally shifted and got the power back to the wheels.

But alot has changed since that race. He wouldn't be anywhere in the picture now......

Rossi

Oh crap....how bad did he take you!!! I bet his wheelie bars were on the ground screaming!!!

scottsbro23

I love all the goofball Comments... ..

Near the end of the video I thought I heard sirens...LOL then I did hear.BRAKES!!!

Rossi

No sirens!!! Since I just hit third gear we weren't going too fast at that point. We were just approaching a stop sign....that really wasn't as close as my passenger made it sound!!!!

My truck comes in around 5200 without me.....and I had a passenger. So my truck went about 5700 for this race....so weight was fairly close and he really out modded my Titan at that point.

I had K&N drop in and JBA exhaust according to my notes on the video. At that point he has CAI, Exhaust, Superchips, and other stuff.

He has since added a 6.1L cam.

But I've added headers...full CAI...drag radials.....short belt...you name it. I've got him by about a second now!

mcginkleschmidt

I remember seeing that video a long time ago on one of the forums. I remember it because it was puntuated at the end with , "Brakes!"

Rossi

My truck was fairly stock.....so that video was about a year old...maybe slightly older!! I always forget the camera when I go to the track. Next time I go I'll really have to make an effort to remember!

Papa_D

[quote name='Rossi' post='110519' date='Aug 18 2007, 04:01 PM']My truck was fairly stock.....so that video was about a year old...maybe slightly older!! I always forget the camera when I go to the track. Next time I go I'll really have to make an effort to remember![/quote]I too remember the days before mods ruled my world, lol. It has been just a couple months for me and going from a 15.88 to a 14.82 has been a blast. I think I need some cams.

Rossi

The very first time I went to the track I ran a 14.97 with CAI and Exhaust.

A few tweaks here and there....I threw down a 14.89...then a 14.73.....then a 14.63.....now a 14.40.....so hopefully I'll keep her coming down!!!!

Papa you need to put all your track times here... www.dragtimes.com

Papa_D

[quote name='Rossi' post='110623' date='Aug 19 2007, 12:39 PM']The very first time I went to the track I ran a 14.97 with CAI and Exhaust.

A few tweaks here and there....I threw down a 14.89...then a 14.73.....then a 14.63.....now a 14.40.....so hopefully I'll keep her coming down!!!!

Papa you need to put all your track times here... www.dragtimes.com[/quote]I figured I would wait till it was a little cooler and I'm putting down times that reflect the amount of money I've spent, lol. I see it every time I'm at the track in this heat, people that have always run in cooler weather keep checking behind their trucks to make sure they left their boat at home. I lost a tenth last night after the sun went down and the humidity went up so I can't wait for better weather and I'll post some time slips on Drag Times then.