IPDM-ER Failure/Replacement 04-06 Titans

honeykeeper

[quote name='Gazizza' timestamp='1326845733' post='162181']

Switched relays, still did not start. Issue turned out to be crappy battery. After replacement I am getting ABS and SLIP lights on. Still able to put in 4x4 so currently researching how to clear. I have an XE and do not see any kind of differential switch/button in the cab as the manual mentioned.

Thanks for the quick response and the plethora of valuable information.

Take it easy,

-T

[/quote]

Was that the original battery?.....my oem battery lasted about 5 years.

Try the SES reset: http://www.titanspot.com/Titan/index.php?showtopic=239

scottsbro23

[quote name='Gazizza' timestamp='1326845733' post='162181']

Switched relays, still did not start. Issue turned out to be crappy battery. After replacement I am getting ABS and SLIP lights on. Still able to put in 4x4 so currently researching how to clear. I have an XE and do not see any kind of differential switch/button in the cab as the manual mentioned.

Thanks for the quick response and the plethora of valuable information.

Take it easy,

-T

[/quote]

Can't remember if the low brake fluid warning is ABS and SLIP or BRAKE and SLIP.... Check the brake fluid level regardless...

DraytonJ03

Hello all, I've been reading multiple forums for the past 2 weeks in an effort to figure out what is going on with my truck. I have a 2005 Titan SE with 101k+ miles that I bought new. So here's my situation:

About a week or so ago I was driving to work and my truck suddenly stalled. I pulled to the side of the road and it was sputtering and misfiring with no acceleration. I turned it off, then it cranked right up and ran well. This instance happened several times throughout the rest of that day. I searched online through forum posts and other sites to find that Nissan had a recall on the ECM relay for my truck. I then took it to the local dealership and had the recall work done. Later that evening I noticed that my SES light was on. I used the OBD sequence that I found through titanspot and discovered the code of P0430 (catalyst bank 2). The next morning I cranked up the truck & it ran great with no SES lights. I took it by a friend's auto shop and they told me that there was nothing wrong with the truck.

Almost exactly one week later (after running great continuously everyday for that period of time) the same exact problem happened again. This time I could not get it running and had it towed back to my house. Through further research online I realized it was one of 4 possible problems. (1) my fuel pump is malfunctioning. (2) My Cat's are clogged. (3) my ECM relay is bad. (4) my IPDM is bad.

So I switched the ECM relay with the fog light relay and it fired right up & ran perfectly. I called the dealer and they gave me a new ECM relay. They said that the one they replaced may have been faulty.

Now I don't know what is going on. My truck is running fine now, but what if it only lasts a week again? I have a hard time believing it's my cats since my truck instantly went from running horribly to perfect when I switched out the relay. Is there a cause and effect for the ECM relay to go out? Could my IDPM be causing the ECM to malfunction? Or could I have a faulty fuel pump that eventually causes the ECM to malfunction?

I will greatly appreciate any and all of your input, and comments with my issue.

Thanks

dannyboysd89

Holy Cow, you guys are great!!!!!

I tried to go to the auto store to see about a fuel filter and as I found out N/A. It is in the tank. So that got me pissed and felling hopeless, extended warrenty expired 3 months ago

So I did a few searches and found this post, man was it spot on.

The issue I had was the truck not starting, it would just sputter and sputter when I tried to start it.

So onto the 10 switch test and it passed, so then I did the swap, did the test and woohoo passed, then cranked it on and even more woohoo it started.

I have a new relay on order, to be here Tuesday today is Thursday.

SO HOW LONG CAN I RUN WITH THE SWAP?

I PLAN TO DRIVE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE, WILL NEED TO ROLL IN THE MINIVAN, BUT GOT THINGS GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THANKS TO YOU GUYS!!!!

Oh yea, the connectors were a pain, resorted to a small screwdriver for most connectors and a golf tee one connector.

1fast67

Hi, I've been reading this forum and the information here is great. I want to make sure this will work on my wife's Armada. .

I have a 2005 Nissan Armada (99,500 miles)it died yesterday. It will crank and run for a few seconds sometimes and then sometimes it will cough and puff white/black smoke then die.

I wanted to make sure what I have read will work on my armada. It looks as if it shoud be the IPDM-ER. What do you guys think?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas

Btw I have checked the fuel pressure, it is 49psi. Also, I've unplugged the maf and it still does the coughing/smoking think.

1fast67

I did the foglight relay swap and it fixed it. Went to nissan to buy the ecm relay and I was informed there was a recall, I was excited, come to find out all they replaced was the relay (not the board).

They assured me the problem was with the relay not the board, so we will see.

This thread really helped!!!

Thanks

Thomas

houdon720

Everyone,

My 05 Titan has finally caught the bug. At least mine lasted for 172,000 mi.!!! But now locally everyone wants $400 plus so if anyone has a source for a NEW REVISED unit, so please post a dealer or parts supply house who can do better. Thanks, houdon720

honeykeeper

Can someone plz help me. I need the ipdm !! Where is the cheepest place to order one ??????? Im in wva. Thanks

Brian is in New Jersey and is helpful with ALL the parts you may need....

Yes sir....it's Toll Free: 1-800-981-PARTS and ask for Brian.

gunslinger55

Is this a problen with the 08 titan? My truck has 4wd,slip,brake,abs,lights on on the dash,and irregular speedo.it has a p1808 code and a p0500.truvk starts fine but wont go into 4x4.ipdm test ok.

korenbdo

2006 Titan LE / 74100 miles.

Hoping this blog's not totally dead, but have been following as symptoms are not 100%, but several.  I do have the indicator  lights coming on occasionally, say once a month, and then just going off by themselves.  Have had no "won't start" issues nor the physical slow downs, etc. as have been described.  What I do have is side mirror defrosters which have never worked, the main defroster that once the engine warms up, won't blow on the windshield and as I said, occasional warning lights that go on, then off.  I tried the "home" test and the horn beeps, the windshield wipers activate and I hear a click, perhaps the ac trying to start without engine of course.  What didn't show was the "defroster" coming on, the oil light did not flash, but just remained on as the key continued in the "on" position, the engine fan didn't come on, I did just have the truck at the dealer as they actually replaced my exhaust manifold/cats under out of warranty warranty....wasn't easy, but persevered.  They did trouble shoot the defroster mirrors and the lights coming on and said i needed a board....but....the number "IPDI 28456 78002".  Enough of it's the same where I think this is the primary IPDM board, now the 284B6-ZE03C equivalent and it just never made it all the way around the room as it was first spoken or written.  This is the same but different than many of those providing input into this thread.  Looking for feedback, clarification, confirmation, etc. and if confirmed, availability of the part and at what price.

Thanks 

honeykeeper

2006 Titan LE / 74100 miles.

Hoping this blog's not totally dead, but have been following as symptoms are not 100%, but several.  I do have the indicator  lights coming on occasionally, say once a month, and then just going off by themselves.  Have had no "won't start" issues nor the physical slow downs, etc. as have been described.  What I do have is side mirror defrosters which have never worked, the main defroster that once the engine warms up, won't blow on the windshield and as I said, occasional warning lights that go on, then off.  I tried the "home" test and the horn beeps, the windshield wipers activate and I hear a click, perhaps the ac trying to start without engine of course.  What didn't show was the "defroster" coming on, the oil light did not flash, but just remained on as the key continued in the "on" position, the engine fan didn't come on, I did just have the truck at the dealer as they actually replaced my exhaust manifold/cats under out of warranty warranty....wasn't easy, but persevered.  They did trouble shoot the defroster mirrors and the lights coming on and said i needed a board....but....the number "IPDI 28456 78002".  Enough of it's the same where I think this is the primary IPDM board, now the 284B6-ZE03C equivalent and it just never made it all the way around the room as it was first spoken or written.  This is the same but different than many of those providing input into this thread.  Looking for feedback, clarification, confirmation, etc. and if confirmed, availability of the part and at what price.

Thanks

Do you have a local dealer that you trust to do a computer scan? You can also ask if it's covered on recall and if they guarantee the replacement is the "fix".

Brian is still at the # above and the "man" to get your Nissan parts at the best price.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Cheers...Tom

krh2

Administrator
Scottsbro23 replaced his AGAIN today. Apparently the latest and greatest units are black plastic not white like we installed. He got his from an Infinity dealer in Houston. $293.

honeykeeper

I'm still on the original board with just the relay swap around 5 years ago and have had no issues at all.

My Titan now has 151,000 miles on it and will be 10 years old in March.

korenbdo...what condition is your 06 battery in?

I would recommend giving Brian a call to get a price and any information on if the newest board is worth the extra $

Hope you get to running "Normal".

Cheers...Tom

jdmartin

I have the black relay as well, I think it cost about 3 bucks at Anderson Nissan. I was having some of these symptoms, but ultimately traced it to a dying battery. Replaced the battery and haven't had any trouble since.

puffdc

Hi, i'm in the proces of swapping out the IPDM. I'm having issues with popping out the old plugs, where & how hard do I push on the retaining clips? I'm afraid to break them & not be able to use them when I put the new one in...

Thanks in advance.