Inner/Smaller Sun Visor Replacement

honeykeeper

While driving north from South Carolina I needed to use the long sun visor on the drivers side over the door window to "keep" the west sun from coming in and heating the cab up.

The inner/smaller visor started to hang straight down and the plastic insert/sockets were cracked..........maybe due to heat....bottom line is it needed replacement....

The new inner visor I ordered from Brian was not available with the 4x4 instruction/decals on both sides...

I'm thinking of cutting the old directions off of the old visor with a razor blade and super using super glue to hold them on. Anyone have suggestions?

New part # 96403-ZQOOB ....Old part # 96403-7

To remove the old visor hinge assembly: you will need a 1/8" straight screw driver to pry the access cover up then a #2 phillips screwdriver to remove the single (phillips) attachment screw.

The last step to remove is to rock the assembly straight down and pull it out.

The new visor/hinge assembly pops into place and locks in with an included phillips screw, then the access cover pops down into place.

The dual visors design really comes in handy.......I hope the larger one with the mirror/light doesn't go next!.........

Attachments

baseballfanz

Mine is doing the same, I took it apart in an attempt to fix it but there's not much to fix.

Look like the plastic inner part use friction to keep it in place and when that part crack even glue don't help.:D

Probably just get me a new one, but I have this as a PN 96403-ZQ00B

honeykeeper

[quote name='baseballfanz' date='18 July 2010 - 12:57 PM' timestamp='1279468638' post='157753']

Mine is doing the same, I took it apart in an attempt to fix it but there's not much to fix.

Look like the plastic inner part use friction to keep it in place and when that part crack even glue don't help.:D

Probably just get me a new one, but I have this as a PN 96403-ZQ00B [/quote]

Right you are...........I guess at 6+AM and before coffee and hitting the road I left off one of the O's.........Looks like the razor blade is next..........

WhiteNite

nice work. LOL I have used those maybe twice... Its one of those things that I like having thought just in case I need it.

honeykeeper

Well I checked the passenger side inner/smaller visor today and guess what?.......
it's the same but I'm not going to replace it...

ssusca

[quote name='honeykeeper' timestamp='1279970956' post='157843']

I'm sure lots of folks will now.....

Here's how mine turned out....OEM baby!....with a little help from super glue.... lol...

[/quote]

Hi all.

New to this forum. I'm having the same problem. Who is Brian and how do I get in touch with him?

honeykeeper

[quote name='ssusca' timestamp='1283448320' post='158300']

Hi all.

New to this forum. I'm having the same problem. Who is Brian and how do I get in touch with him? [/quote]

Welcome to Titan Hot Spot ssusca....

Brian is our parts man with excellent pricing and service:

eNissanParts.com

Toll Free: 1-800-981-PARTS

DClights

you I bet I was driving my t for a year before I knew that the inner visor as tom refers to it even moves. I had been using it as a receipt/ misc. paper holder. Even now I think the paper with pictures of hand signals to use when guiding a crane operator and the schematics for a Mueller Centurion model fire hydrant are up there. I rarely use the outer sunvisor or its little plastic extender.

DClights

I bet I was driving my t for a year before I knew that the inner visor as tom refers to it even moves. I had been using it as a receipt/ misc. paper holder. Even now I think a paper with pictures of hand signals to use when guiding a crane operator and the schematics for a Mueller Centurion model fire hydrant are up there. I rarely use the outer sunvisor or its little plastic extender.

ssusca

[quote name='honeykeeper' timestamp='1283469553' post='158306']

Welcome to Titan Hot Spot ssusca....

Brian is our parts man with excellent pricing and service:

eNissanParts.com

Toll Free: 1-800-981-PARTS

[/quote]

Excellent!

Thanks a lot.

honeykeeper

[quote name='DClights' timestamp='1283473017' post='158308']

I bet I was driving my t for a year before I knew that the inner visor as tom refers to it even moves. I had been using it as a receipt/ misc. paper holder. Even now I think a paper with pictures of hand signals to use when guiding a crane operator and the schematics for a Mueller Centurion model fire hydrant are up there. I rarely use the outer sunvisor or its little plastic extender. [/quote]

I stick mail and bills under the inner smaller visor's on both sides.........and the title and registration ready too....