Administrator
Article title: How to reset your airbag sensor light

Article description:

Category: Lighting/Electrical

Date added: Aug 17 2005, 09:46 PM

Article starter: jhromy

Here is the steps to reset your airbag light if it is flashing:

1)turn ignition switch from off to on

2)within 1 second after the aribag light starts to flash---immeditely turn the ignition off

3)after ignition is off, wait for more than 5 seconds

4)then repeat steps 1 through 3---do all steps 3 times

5)turn the ignition on, and the airbag sensor should go off and not flash anymore

krh2

Administrator
[quote name='smoketitan' post='121390' date='Feb 5 2008, 12:33 AM']will this step apply to the low pressure tire warning light? i checked and inflated my tires but the light is still on...thanks![/quote]

I had to have my tps light reset at Costco. I tried the deflate/inflate method and it didnt work. Costco has a "Nissan" tool that plugs into the OB port and resets the light. I think most tire places have them now. I guess you could always go to the dealer.

Reka

What could cause this to come on.I have an 2005 Titan 88,000 mi.Airbag /restraint light flashing .Just started flashing on gauge panel after having $350.00 front diff.seal installed.Engine light was on (evap code) needed fuel vent value solenoid,stuck open.That repair was 370.00.

alxcode7

The above method worked but after I realized that a yellow with black stripe wire had been cut by the rear king cab door. Open the rear king cab wide (160 degrees.) Look and the wiring harness at the hinge. You may have to remove the black wire casing and peel some of the black electrical tape. Repair any of the damaged wires. In my case, it was a yellow with black stripe wire. After repairing the wire, follow the method above and this should fix the blinking airbag sensor. Also, having this broken wire prevented the dome light from turning on when the passenger door was open. Light would turn on only when the right rear king cab door was opened. I hope this helps Titan owners with King cabs.

alxcode7

[quote name='alxcode7' timestamp='1296081986' post='159703']

The above method worked but after I realized that a yellow with black stripe wire had been cut by the rear king cab door. Open the rear king cab wide (160 degrees.) Look and the wiring harness at the hinge. You may have to remove the black wire casing and peel some of the black electrical tape. Repair any of the damaged wires. In my case, it was a yellow with black stripe wire. After repairing the wire, follow the method above and this should fix the blinking airbag sensor. Also, having this broken wire prevented the dome light from turning on when the passenger door was open. Light would turn on only when the right rear king cab door was opened. I hope this helps Titan owners with King cabs.

[/quote]

BTW, Dirito Bros Nissan in Concord, CA wanted over $800 to fix this. And this was after they charged me $135 just to "Diagnose" the problem. I will never go back there again.

krh2

Administrator
[quote name='alxcode7' timestamp='1296081986' post='159703']

[/quote]

There was a service bulletin for King cabs for that very problem with the wires getting cut.

tejanotitan

Thanks worked perfectly. Mine came on after I took off the front seats and disconnected the wiring so i can clean and vaccum under the seats. Can't get everything with the vaccum when the seat and subwoofer is in the way.