Heavy Duty Bed Mat

Homer

One of the first things I purchased for my Titan was a bed mat, it fits my crew cab perfectly and for $69.99 was some of the best money I spent. It keeps stuff from sliding around in the back, and it also prevents the utilitrac covers on the bed floor from sliding back and forth and causing a thumping noise which some folks (like me) had initially mistaken for a drivetrain problem. I purchased mine here, it's the Driver Design Heavy Duty Rubber Mat:

http://www.tonnocover.com/ordering/orderbe...s.php#BedLiners

VShortt

If you have utilitrac, then I'm guessing you also have a spray in liner. Do you have issues with things sliding around on the factory liner? Mine is like sandpaper and it grips anything just fine.

Homer

Yes, I have the spray in liner and love it, but I did find that some of the lighter stuff would slide around when I was making dump runs. I'm kinda fussy and figured I'd give the mat a try. As an added bonus it's protecting the floor from any chips or scratches, and it looks great too.

uititan

I ordered the same mat for my KC from tonnocover.com back in March via their web site. They called the next day to advise the manufacturer was backordering the mats due to a production defect for the KC only. Doesn't affect CCs apparently. The store said the availability would be mid-June. Ugh. It's mid-June and no word on availability yet. Waiting patiently...

uititan

[quote name='Austin']But then you can't use the bottom utilitrack rails...[/quote]

It will only cover the bottom tracks when using the bed mat. I'll simply roll-up or remove the mat on a temporary basis if the bottom tracks are needed. Most of the time I need a flat surface in the bed for packages, tool box, etc. and the mat will help with that.

My biggest concern is whether the sliding divider will clear the mat. I've heard from others that it will slide with the mat in place. We'll see.

uititan

Finally got my mat from tonnocover.com -- the manufacturer backordered them. It fits the KC nicely. Ordered it on Monday and arrived at noon today -- pretty good turn around time.