front door speakers

christopherdls

I just bought a set of kenwood 6x9's for my 06 crew cab. can anyone tell me how to remove the door panel? do I need to take off the whole thing or just the bottom portion? I have only had this truck for two weeks now so i'm just getting started with it.

old speed

[quote name='christopherdls' date='09 May 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1273463764' post='157071']

I just bought a set of kenwood 6x9's for my 06 crew cab. can anyone tell me how to remove the door panel? do I need to take off the whole thing or just the bottom portion? I have only had this truck for two weeks now so i'm just getting started with it.

[/quote]

there is 2 screws behind the pull handle , and 2 screws behind the stationary handle. take them out and then pull from the bottom the rest of the panel should pop loose. then lift up on the panel to fee it from the window channel

good luck

scottsbro23

Keep an eye or ear for the orange clip-thing-a-ma-bobs falling and rolling under the truck..lol. You also have to remove the puddle light at the bottom of the door, while holding it with your other hand. You'll also have 2 cables to remove (door handle & door lock) Getting the door panel off is easier than putting it back on. lol.