Few Site updates

BLWedge09

Administrator
First, as some of you may have noticed, the shoutbox is gone. I hope for this to be temporary, but the one that was here before was using a high amount of server resources and severely slowing the site down.

Second, I have brought back the familiar Spot_Cleancut theme. The other themes, Spot_Luminous and Spot_Spectrum are still available for anybody who wishes to use them. In fact, I don't think I reset anybody's theme...just the site default. Cleancut is much more Ipad/Android Tablet friendly and should be familiar to many of the site's longtime users.

I will continue to try to find a replacement for the shoutbox.

Thanks,

BLWedge09

BLWedge09

Administrator
Shoutbox is back...in an updated form. I will be keeping an eye on the server resource usage. So far, it doesn't seem to be causing a problem.

BLWedge09

Administrator
Just tweaked the cleancut skin to have a darker gray background. You may have to clear your cache or hold shift and click reload a couple of times to see it...

BLWedge09

Administrator
[quote name='honeykeeper' timestamp='1325079505' post='162067']

Working fine with the Ipad2.....but still can't load attachments?

[/quote]

Unfortunately, this seems to be a limitation on all mobile devices and there's nothing I can do about it currently. More than likely, the forum software can't understand the filesystem of the mobile devices and therefore has no idea where to look for attachments.

BLWedge09

Administrator
Shoutbox is disabled again while I assess server load issues. Question to Shoutbox users: Would putting a chatroom back up be a fair substitute? The chat room never caused load issues. Shoutbox being on every page and constantly updating on all of them does. If you'll notice, the whole site is much faster with it disabled.

BLWedge09

Administrator
Ok, I went a slightly different route for now. The same shoutbox we've been using has been renamed to chat and is no longer available on every page of the site. It is now only available via the Chat tab at the top of every page. We'll see how this works for a while.

honeykeeper

I can't get my post to load in the Chat Room.....on my Ipad2.....anyone else have this or do I need to use my notebook to chat?

BLWedge09

Administrator
[quote name='honeykeeper' timestamp='1325548611' post='162086'] I can't get my post to load in the Chat Room.....on my Ipad2.....anyone else have this or do I need to use my notebook to chat? [/quote]

Doesn't work on my ipad either.... Crap!