Fantasy Football Service Poll - 2012 season

What fantasy football service would you like to use for 2012?

• Yahoo

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • FleaFlicker

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • FoxSports

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • ESPN

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • NFL.com

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLWedge09

Administrator
Since everyone can never agree on the service to use for fantasy football, I thought I'd start a poll...

Just choose the service you'd like to use and discuss below.

BLWedge09

Administrator
I like yahoo ok too. I was leaning towards trying FoxSports though. I'll definitely go with whatever the poll decides though.

BuenasNalgas

I've always liked Yahoo, I play in another league that also utilizes Yahoo. It's a great interface and very user friendly.

Never tried Fox, is it free?

BuenasNalgas

[quote name='krh2' timestamp='1343617888' post='163411']

i like what we used ly.. Yahoo?

[/quote]

Come on now..................didn't you go MIA after something like 2 games??? lol

krh2

Administrator
[quote name='BuenasNalgas' timestamp='1343691034' post='163415']

Come on now..................didn't you go MIA after something like 2 games??? lol

[/quote]

Yes I did. I waas gone for quite a while... Almost really GONE. ;( ;)

BLWedge09

Administrator
[quote name='BuenasNalgas' timestamp='1343657025' post='163414']

I've always liked Yahoo, I play in another league that also utilizes Yahoo. It's a great interface and very user friendly.

Never tried Fox, is it free?

[/quote]

Yep, it's free. Has mixed reviews... Fleaflicker actually gets rated better than yahoo a lot, but besides me, most here didn't like it. If most prefer yahoo, that's cool. Whatever the people want.

And Kev has a pretty airtight excuse for going MIA last season...

krh2

Administrator
ya'll considder yourself lucky i was on thhe injured reserve list. ;) Bwahahahahaha

BLWedge09

Administrator
[quote name='krh2' timestamp='1343738297' post='163419']

ya'll considder yourself lucky i was on thhe injured reserve list. ;) Bwahahahahaha

[/quote]

Hey, remember I'm on that list right now too...

BuenasNalgas

Alright well i'm glad KRH2 is alright, that's always a good thing! I've always liked Yahoo.......Wasn't a big fan of FleaFlicker!!!!

jdmartin

I know there were some really stupid things about fleaflicker last year. I vote for Yahoo this time around.

EDIT: I found my post: http://www.titanspot.com/Titan/index.php?showtopic=10324&st=25 . The scoring was really poor on some of the categories. Whichever we go with, we need to have some customization of scoring so that poor performance takes points away; otherwise the points get really skewed by statistics rather than excellent play.

BLWedge09

Administrator
Actually, last year we used Yahoo. The year before was fleaflicker. Fleaflicker has an iPhone app now, but no android. Yahoo has an app for both. I used it a good bit last year on my android phone.

TexNolan

n00bie here ...

never played fantasy football (or any other sport)

I can't stand yahoo, advertisement after advertisement and just when you thought you were there, another advertisement.

What is fleaflicker..... (flea=pesty insect, flicker= copy off yahoo photo spot "flikr")

Foxsports use to allow third party advertising to talk about the Foxy Lady's in the network (negative advertisement to promote a positive out come).

ESPN or NFL or Foxsports = sports and nothing but sports

there is my 3 cents, now inform me what I need to do?

oh did I tell you, yahoo has advertisements...........

BuenasNalgas

So last year we used Yahoo Sports for this league, it was the previous years that fleaflicker was utilized. I personally like yahoo and never really noticed to many advertisments while playing fantasy football. Now with that said i have never used espn or fox sports sited for FF..........My vote at this point is Yahoo but but not opposed to espn or fox just NO FLEAFLICKER!!!!!!!!!!!

In regards to scoring, all the sites have their standards for which are set but as a league we can make changes to all of that. Last year we just went with what was set........

BLWedge09

Administrator
[quote name='BuenasNalgas' timestamp='1344440049' post='163439']

In regards to scoring, all the sites have their standards for which are set but as a league we can make changes to all of that. Last year we just went with what was set........

[/quote]

That's absolutely true and we can discuss this year before the league starts. Like you said, last year we just used the defaults.

jdmartin

So I've been checking my e-mail...are we set on a league & setup? We need to be drafting pretty quickly - the opening week is 3 weeks from now...I haven't seen anything on my e-mail about joining a league..

BuenasNalgas

Yes I agree let's get this league going...............Looks like Yahoo wins the poll!!!

[quote name='jdmartin' timestamp='1344824841' post='163446']

So I've been checking my e-mail...are we set on a league & setup? We need to be drafting pretty quickly - the opening week is 3 weeks from now...I haven't seen anything on my e-mail about joining a league..

[/quote]

BLWedge09

Administrator
I'll try to get it set up tonight or tomorrow and send out an email. Looks like Yahoo wins the poll, so that's what I'll set up. If you want to go ahead and discuss scoring that you want to change from the defaults, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.