Fan went out AGAIN- is this common?

bigguy51

My climate control system fan went out for the 2nd time on my 2005 Titan. Truck has 54k miles and sits most of the time. The first time it was replaced under warranty about 4 years ago, and it started going about 3 months ago, and now has stopped altogether. If I turn it on, I just hear a faint click, and nothing happens. I think the first time the dealer replaced the fan itself. Is this something common with the Titan? I'll probably ask a local shop to work on it instead of the dealer in San Antonio. Is there anything I can tell the mechanic to check this time, like a ground wire, switch, etc?

BTW, found this site VERY helpful with the IMDB (whatever that electrical issue was!) going out recently, thanks for the great info it saved me a tow !

baseballfanz

If it's the blower fan, more than likely it's the VBC (variable blower control).

You can probably buy the part and do it yourself in about 15 minutes

bigguy51

[quote name='baseballfanz' timestamp='1302287074' post='160487']

If it's the blower fan, more than likely it's the VBC (variable blower control).

You can probably buy the part and do it yourself in about 15 minutes

[/quote]

Thanks, Can you tell me where the "VBC" is?

scottsbro23

Welcome aboard... I think mine is about to go...I keep getting a popping sound from the dash when I select a fan speed. Oh Joy..

mead4

There was a video of installing a new variable blower control, any idea where it can be found?