chrome instead of black tape on doors

Homer

Hey folks, I parked next to another Titan the other day and it had chrome, or possibly stainless, overlays instead of the black tape on all 4 doors. The truck was black and the added bling didn't look bad. Does anyone know anything about this being an option? Maybe it's an aftermarket add-on, or it may have been homemade. I kinda liked it though.

RBs Titan

Burtman industries has some in stainless. I just bought them and currently having them black chromed locally. Monday I go and see what the test strip looks like. Iwant that solid window look but not matte black.

RBs Titan

If it turns out to be really cool...then I'm thinking I may do all the black pieces that way. Grilll, bed sides, tailgate, rear bumper. The three samples pieces I saw color ranged from silver grey to nearly painted black in appearance. Those with the grey trucks this would look SWEET with silver grey chrome. Pictures coming early next week.

baseballfanz

Where did you take them to get black chrome? Many years ago I went to Airline Plating and got some emblems black chrome, they did a pretty good job. At that time they were the only place that did it (8 years ago) I'm sure more people can do it now. If you don't mind next time you're at the chrome place ask about getting the storage box handle chrome to see how much they charge. Thanks

RBs Titan

Went today and they did the test piece and I approved the color. I guess I ought to have something done this week or next that I can apply to the truck. These would really look Awesome on Grey trucks too.

Fanz...I asked about the tool box they said $75 and you need to remove the piece. Airline plating is still there as I asked Atlas about them. Atlas is on Crosstimbers in same area of I45.