Been away for a while and need advice

terryu1

I have been away from "The Spot" for a while and to update I had an '04 LE that I bought in April 2004.  Last year I had a leaking radiator and had to do inspection, rotors needs replacing etc.  I was not planning on it but I looked on lot and ended up buying the Sales Managers Demo truck.  A 2012 SV with just about all options.

Now I need to get it back to what I had on my '04.  I had a Magnaflow catback.  I have been looking at Borla or another Magnaflow as I think I would like duals out

the rear.  I will also buy a cold air intake and do it all at once.  Catch is that I would like to do it all myself and do not want to get into any issues.  so I need something that

is pretty much "bolt on".  I put the cat back on my '04 myself without any problems.  I had hit up [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]BLWedge09 (Management), krh2 on Facebook and they offered their sage advice and I thought I would hit up the rest of you for suggestion.  Any help would be appreciated.  (I know there are already some threads out there but I wanted to kill two birds with one stone and do a "comeback" post,  thanks again!

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][attachment=9889]

Attachments

DevilDawg

Terry those catback systems are designed to be installed in your driveway with a couple of jackstands. Or so they claim at M/F.

That said, it might require a propane torch, plenty of break free rust buster stuff and a sawzall with some metal blades. Get all your tools ready and some beer. Then get a neighbor, buddy, etc to help on a Saturday. Should take 1/2 day for all in.

jdmartin

Hiya Terry! Welcome back!

Sorry I can't be much of help, as I don't have any experience with that stuff. It is nice to see some of the old members still coming by, though!

terryu1

Hiya Terry! Welcome back!

Sorry I can't be much of help, as I don't have any experience with that stuff. It is nice to see some of the old members still coming by, though!
Thanks JD, think I have settled on the Borla Dual exhaust and the new Air Raid MXP CAI.

terryu1

Well as my wife can attest I have changed 360 degrees.  I got an offer I could not refuse.  Last Friday the Exeter Location of A&A auto parts ran at that location only, a performance event.  They ran 20

5 off sale on intakes, exhaust systems and performance chips.  I ended up with a Magnaflow dual in single out cat back and K & N CAI installed for $1032 tax included and it was all installed on the spot free of charge.  This is cheaper than the cheapest price I was able to find online and would require me to crawl my fat arse under the truck.  Win Win.  Should have had the chip installed also but that will be for another day.