Anyone got any plans for the weekend?

WhiteNite

Im going to sleep in and finish up the cabinets for the wify. Maybe clean the truck up some. Yeah, my life is that boring right now. LOL

P.S. Will be watching the UFC fight Saturday night.

DClights

well if I had my way I would be honoring those that have given the ultimate price for our liberties with my dad in our hometown. But I am starting field camp sunday and so I am in wyoming and they do not allow a day off for memorial day. I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend at the grill, lake, on the boat and with the family but do not forget why we have this holiday. Thank you to all those on this forum who have served although this holiday is about the dead I know that the price you served is still great and I thank you all

On that note does anybody talk to mac anymore???

mcginkleschmidt

[quote name='DClights' date='28 May 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1275098131' post='157295']

well if I had my way I would be honoring those that have given the ultimate price for our liberties with my dad in our hometown. But I am starting field camp sunday and so I am in wyoming and they do not allow a day off for memorial day. I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend at the grill, lake, on the boat and with the family but do not forget why we have this holiday. Thank you to all those on this forum who have served although this holiday is about the dead I know that the price you served is still great and I thank you all

On that note does anybody talk to mac anymore???

[/quote]

I just thought about Mac (MacLuvsTheVols) the other day and I wondered how he was making out on his military duty tour. I cannot remember if he said he was being sent to Iraq or Afghanistan but his tour should be over very soon. The last I heard was when Mac posted on the forum that he was headed somewhere in the western US for training before deployment. That seemed to be shortly after his Titan was totaled, or near-totaled, I believe. I hope he and his military unit are doing OK.

So I'm not the only one thinking about Mac.

What kind of field camp are you starting on Sunday? Is this military training or something else? Whatever it is, make the most of it and stay safe.

DClights

it is geological field camp. Its six weeks doing geologic work and sleeping in cabins. I am really looking forward to it.

WhiteNite

So how was the weekend for everyone? I went and ate with the family, saw the UFC fight, and saw the new Robin Hood movie. Also called up a good buddy of mine who is in the military and thanked him.