Air Bag Light Flashing

AgTitan06

Here you go:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1303

Jbws68

[quote name='AgTitan06' post='101582' date='Apr 26 2007, 01:58 PM']Here you go:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1303[/quote]

Thanks and I will call and see where they are.

coors2003

new here and i have an 08 titan, well i put a sytem in my truck and i pulled the seats and forgot to plug my passenger seat back in, long story short the air bag light started flashing and my pass air bag light was on i tried to discinnect the batt to reset the comp but it didnt work, saw this posting and tried that and BAM! it worked, thanks for the help!

WhiteNite

[quote name='coors2003' post='139367' date='Jan 29 2009, 10:09 AM']new here and i have an 08 titan, well i put a sytem in my truck and i pulled the seats and forgot to plug my passenger seat back in, long story short the air bag light started flashing and my pass air bag light was on i tried to discinnect the batt to reset the comp but it didnt work, saw this posting and tried that and BAM! it worked, thanks for the help![/quote]

SWEET!!!!! Welcome to TS! make sure to find your way to the shoutbox at the bottom of every page..

Utah

My company just gave me a 2005 for a work truck; The mechanics have had tape on the instument panel to try and hide the flashing light. after reading this it took 30 seconds to turn it off (THANK YOU). I complained about having to drive a Datsun and one in poor shape (Filthey) like this one. I thought I would have to get a "I voted for Obama" bumber sticker to look natural in the Datsun. I have been pleasantly surprised by its power and handling; so now I have it at the deatail shop and will make few mods and be happy driving it, maybe get the "Because everyone deserves some of what you worked hard for" bumper sticker.

Tanks,

Chad

swarren1

One of the reasons I bought the Titan was because it was made in the USA, (Mississippi), instead of Mexico and Canada like many of the trucks were at the time. (I try to buy things that employ Americans).

Although the transmission is a Jatco from Japan, the Endurance engine is from Tennessee.

Oh, and welcome to TitanSpot Chad!

RBC828

I'm new to the forum. I tried the instructions listed above to turn off the airbag light and it worked. I'm having a problem with my factory radio not working so I removed the faceplate controls to put them in a bowl of rice to dry them out (I think my problem may be related to excessive humidity). At any rate when I hooked everything back up, minus the radio controls, the airbag light was flashing. I just reset it and it is no longer flashing. Hopefully it will stay that way. Thanks for the information.