6x9 or 6.5 speakers?

zinomori

I am ready to replace the stock speakers, but can't decide between 6x9 and 6.5. I just read somewhere that 6x9s are loud but have no depth and 6.5s have better sound quality. Just wondering what other Nissan Titan owners think about it. I am also planning to add a 5 channel amp and some subs in near future. So what do you guys suggest me at this point?

All your inputs are warmly welcome.

scottsbro23

[quote name='zinomori' timestamp='1294143022' post='159489']

I am ready to replace the stock speakers, but can't decide between 6x9 and 6.5. I just read somewhere that 6x9s are loud but have no depth and 6.5s have better sound quality. Just wondering what other Nissan Titan owners think about it. I am also planning to add a 5 channel amp and some subs in near future. So what do you guys suggest me at this point?

All your inputs are warmly welcome.

[/quote]

I went with 6.5 components. The factory front door speakers are 6x9's so you'll have to make an adapter plate. I used 3/4 MDF. IMO I'd go with 6.5's. You plan on installing a new HU, or you going with a LOC or sound processor?

mdawg4x4

6.5s give a better sound than 6X9s do. Like scottsbro said, make some adapters. I put 6.5 components in the front and 6.5s in the rear.

BLWedge09

Administrator
I've got 6x9s in the front and 6.5s in the back and am happy. Still had to make an adapter for the fronts.