100,000 miles and beyond

wtk

I am about to buy a 2008 titan 4x4 with 96000 miles I spoke to owner and he said limited towing of 4000 lbs bout and good upkeep with no problems. Waht should I be concerned about and how long do these vehicles last (miles). Thanks, New member

krh2

Administrator
Thats a lot of miles for an 08. I would have the rear axle seals looked at, the exhaust manifolds checked for cracks, rear differential inspected internally. Any maintenance records on it?

DClights

I would go ahead and have everything went over on the vehicle by a mechanic. Brake pads and fluid, Differentials, transmission, Radiator, engine oil, Transfer case if it has one. Along with the obvious things such as tire wear including the spare, air pressure, fuses, cooling system if you are headed to the warmer temps and heating system if you are headed to the cooler temps.

Known issues in the earlier titans were brakes, rear diff, cats/exhaust, grounding wires, for a newer model such as yours I have not heard of any well known issues.

Last but certainly not least welcome to the spot and we hope you stick around.

LaurianLuis

I own a 2007 SE Crew 4wd and have a little over 160K and she keeps on slogging and I am pleased with how it has held up and been very dependable. Just a few minor issues, motor mounts, transmission mount, and DEFINITELY the exhaust manifolds for cracks or breaks. For some reason the OEM's like to break. I got a set of JBA Cat4ward headers and a Volant CAI and couldn't be happier. Mostly because I am not giving up my first born to have the dealer replace the manifolds. I agree with the responses above. Keep up on your service appointments and it should do you fine. Best of luck

krh2

Administrator
Congrats. 104k on my 04. Second set of exhaust manifolds and..... They're cracked. JBA for me. $1300 installed by JBA.

jdmartin

If/when my manifolds crack again - they're good right now, and were done under warranty - I'll go with the headers as well. I'm up to 118k miles on my 04. We should start a 2004 club :)