Welcome to TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Access the members list and photo gallery.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Thanks from the newb...

2 replies to this topic

#1 copcarguy

copcarguy
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for adding me to the site. I'm in the middle of the search for my first used Titan. I previously had an '04 Silverado stepside that turned into a money pit over the past year and a half after it turned 140K (rockers, cab corners, transmission, alternator, yadda, yadda, yadda) so I unloaded it and am on the lookout for a Titan now as they seem to have much more power and sadly the Japanese car and truck makers seem to have their eye on the ball much more so than the domestics.

With a budget of $11k I've been looking at 2004-2008 king or double cab's with under 130k on the odometer and there seems to be some out there in my area of southeast PA. I've read that the exhaust manifolds and differential seals are common problems which I have been on the lookout for. Are there any other issues to keep a watchful eye on when looking at used?

#2 jdmartin

jdmartin

"Evil Eye"

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:27 AM

Common problems: Front brakes on 04-05, exhaust manifolds all years, rear axle seals all years, clamps on power steering & transmission hoses all years, clogged (or worse, plugged) differential breather valves.

Less common, but common enough that I know about them: chewed up differentials, especially on E-lockers, leaking radiators at the tank seams, rusted exhaust at the back of the truck near the wiring loom that can burn through the wiring, leaks at front & rear differential pinion seals, AC drains leaking into cab, assorted squeaks and rattles.

As far as mechanics, I think the Titan is super-solid, especially the engine & transmission. I have had two of these trucks and I am up to 140k miles on the one I've got now, and I have spent almost nothing on this truck over the last 6 years. 

#3 Xrevolver

Xrevolver
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:41 AM

Curious with which year of truck you got? Titans are super reliable even with some occasional heavier load and hauling.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq