Welcome to TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Access the members list and photo gallery.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Replacement shocks

3 replies to this topic

#1 moosetitan

moosetitan
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

Just got a 2004 crew cab 4x4  with off road package. Has 138k and I'm pretty sure it has the original Ranchos on it.  

Was looking at the Bilstien HD shocks. Most people seem to like them better than Ranchos and they are affordable. Just wondering if anyone had put them on this truck or any other recommendations. I don't go off road much and it's not lifted. 

#2 jdmartin

jdmartin

"Evil Eye"

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:29 AM

Bilsteins are pretty common, so you should do a search and see a lot of info on them. As for me, I went with just a standard Monroe or Gabriel (can't remember which one) for the rears on my truck when my old ones were shot, and I'm pretty happy with them - but I don't off-road or do anything like that, my CC 4WD is just a work/pleasure truck. 

#3 Cobrajet2

Cobrajet2
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:20 AM

I also vote for Bilsteins. They aren't too soft, yet provide not too bumpy ride. Plus, they last. Once I had KYBs in, and one leaked in just a couple of monts. Of course, prices also differ, but to me it's always better to get something installed once, than save a bit and keep replacing the stuff.

#4 Xrevolver

Xrevolver
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

Which shocks did you go with? Gonna give a buddy a hand replacing the shocks and tires for his Crew cab 4x4, Bilstein seems another good choice. He's looking at Toyo tires right after the shocks were installed.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq