Welcome to TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Access the members list and photo gallery.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Adding an Aux Fan to assist A/C for better cooling

FAN Air Conditioning Aux Fan E-Fan A/C Clutch Fan

3 replies to this topic

#1 Speeddog

Speeddog
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:59 PM

Gentlemen,

I bought a 2015 Titan to replace my 2004 with 185K miles.  I love the new truck and the A/C cools great (even better than my 04) as long as your moving, but it suffers somewhat when I'm in stop and go traffic.  My old Titan had a factory aux fan, this one does not.  Here's my question:  Has anyone added an aux fan to the front of the radiator/condenser coil to keep the airflow going when the truck is at idle.  I realize that an aux fan pushing air thru a radiator/condenser coil isn't the most efficient solution, but I'd like your opinion of whether it might solve my air conditioning cooling problem at idle.  I could replace my engine driven fan with an electric, but I keep seeing mixed reviews on those installs.  If I could find some folks who absolutely loves their E-fan install, I'd like to hear about your experience with the installation / operation/ and reliability. 

Thanks,

Speeddog

2015 Nissan Titan CC 4X2 SV

Added Katzkin Leather

Line X Bedliner

#2 951jimbo

951jimbo
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:02 PM

Removing the cabin air filters helps a lot but its still weak at stops..... I thought it had more to do with the engine idling and not driving the AC enough. I believe mine has an aux fan that kicks on but it doesn't help the AC any.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

#3 Speeddog

Speeddog
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:37 PM

Jimbo,  Yea, I'm wondering whether the problem is mostly associated with airflow thru the condenser coil or more likely caused by low RPM and engine not driving the compressor adequately.   

Speeddog

2015 Nissan Titan CC 4X2 SV

Added Katzkin Leather

Line X Bedliner

#4 Xrevolver

Xrevolver
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:12 AM

What solution did you end up with? I just noticed the same with our Titan A/C a little less when idle these past few weeks. I'll be bringing her to the shop for a new set of Mickey Thompson tires and thought to have the A/C checked as well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq