Welcome to TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Access the members list and photo gallery.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

clicking sound coming from dash

Titan HVAC

3 replies to this topic

#1 redman

redman
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

I have an 06 titan LE, and over the last month or so everytime I start or shut off the truck I get this strange "clicking" sound coming from my dash. Sounds like its either behind the instrument cluster or the stereo not sure. It clicks anywhere from 10 seconds to a full minute or two. Its a very fast clicking and very loud. Sounds too loud to be a relay. Any thoughts as to what it is? 

#2 05titanfedup

05titanfedup
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:56 AM

Mine does that. I was told it was the aculator for the ac maybe something like that. lol I'm a determined woman who is learning to repair my Titan since it's breaking me money wise. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 jdmartin

jdmartin

"Evil Eye"

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:52 AM

Whenever you shut the truck off, the heater/defroster doors reset so as to prevent a vacuum in the truck. When you start it up, they go back to wherever they're supposed to be based on your settings. I would guess this is what you're hearing. My truck does it. So does my other car (a newer Kia). The delay on the Kia is a little longer so you wouldn't notice it unless you sat in the car for a minute or so, whereas with the truck it starts faster. 

#4 honeykeeper

honeykeeper

Sail Naked~!!!~

• Members
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:05 AM

Whenever you shut the truck off, the heater/defroster doors reset so as to prevent a vacuum in the truck. When you start it up, they go back to wherever they're supposed to be based on your settings. I would guess this is what you're hearing. My truck does it. So does my other car (a newer Kia). The delay on the Kia is a little longer so you wouldn't notice it unless you sat in the car for a minute or so, whereas with the truck it starts faster.

Same here... no problem.
3-29-05 Born ...4/09/05 Adopted... SEKC... 4 x 4 Off Road with Big Tow and E-loc...Blizzard...Graphite/Titanium Interior, Popular Package, Bench Seat.
Bilstein front/rear shocks, Deaver Mini-Pak Springs, Total Chaos Shackles, Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar,
Mag-Hytec "Honeypot", HK Rear Axle Vent Mod, Frozen Rotors-Hawk Pads.

In-Cabin Microfilters, ARE Z shell, OEM bug/rock deflector, Lund AVS Ventvisors, OEM mud gaurds, Bushwhacker- notched-Fender Flares, OEM rubber & standard floor mats, Burtman Stainless Steel Titan Door Sills, Black Vinyl Door Edge Molding on front doors and vertical sides of Tailgate, Spoiler Direct Chrome Tailgate Trim, Utilitrac System, OEM Dual Lower Sliding Trays, OEM under-seat-storganiser, Silver Star Ultra 9006 Low Beams, White Night Backup Lights, CT Windshield Sun Reflector, Drawtite Activator II trailer-e-brake control, Super-Z-Winter Traction Cables, Dueler AT REVO Tires-4th set, NISSAN I-POD adapter, Bosch Icon Window Wiper Blades, Bosch Ir Fusion Spark Plugs.
Optima Red Top Battery

6 x 10' low bed/rails trailer with E-brakes.
108 year old rebuilt 4,000 lb. road roller/packer. http://www.titanspot...d+Roller+Packer

Posted Image

JFK on Climate Change/Energy Revolution http://www.youtube.c...h?v=J8dLHZ6jKFc
JFK JR. "We Have the Capability and Technology to Eliminate 100% of our Needs for Persian Gulf OIl"
"PEACE TO THE PEOPLE OF ALL NATIONS"
The TRUTH is still EVERYWHERE...I said this ~!!!~

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Titan, HVAC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq