Welcome to TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of TitanSpot - Nissan Titan Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Access the members list and photo gallery.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

A newer oil filter to try

6 replies to this topic

#1 BigDanT

BigDanT

BigDanT

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

http://www.purolator...OilFilters.aspx

Tried this filter for the first time on my last oil change.  I've religiously used Pure One filters, for 70K miles with either Castrol or Mobile1 full synthetics.  This filter is great.  Though I try to change the oil every 5K, this one is designed specifically for synthetics and claims to extend the life of the oil to 10K.  It's at 8K now and I'm very pleased with the oil color and the smoothness with which the engine still idles.

#2 krh2

krh2

Capn, Goofball

• Administrators
  • 13,014 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

I use Pure 1 in all my vehicles. Ill give this a try. Thx
My Theme song........... http://www.televisiontunes.com/Captain_Kan...ng_Captain.html

Posted Image

There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts..........

Ronald Reagan Farewell address January, 1989

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

#3 jdmartin

jdmartin

"Evil Eye"

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

I've always used Purolator filters with good results. Not the Pure One either, though I do like the textured body that makes it a little easier to keep from slipping in your hands getting it on and off.

#4 BUDDYBOY222

BUDDYBOY222
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

Hi everyone.I have a question can you get a bigger oil filter for the 2011 titan 5.6

#5 jdmartin

jdmartin

"Evil Eye"

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:48 AM

Hi everyone.I have a question can you get a bigger oil filter for the 2011 titan 5.6

What's the reason for the bigger oil filter? I don't know if one exists but I've used a lot of different filters and they're all (roughly) about the same size. 

#6 honeykeeper

honeykeeper

Sail Naked~!!!~

• Members
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

http://www.purolator...OilFilters.aspx

Tried this filter for the first time on my last oil change.  I've religiously used Pure One filters, for 70K miles with either Castrol or Mobile1 full synthetics.  This filter is great.  Though I try to change the oil every 5K, this one is designed specifically for synthetics and claims to extend the life of the oil to 10K.  It's at 8K now and I'm very pleased with the oil color and the smoothness with which the engine still idles.

I just changed oil for the first time at 4,400 miles on my new Subaru. It was very clean looking on the dip stick..but when I changed the oil it was black. I would bet yours would be the same.
I bought 2 cases of the OEM filters when I bought my truck so I don't have to shop around or worry. Yes it looks small but most are these days.
Let us know what you find when you change the oil.
3-29-05 Born ...4/09/05 Adopted... SEKC... 4 x 4 Off Road with Big Tow and E-loc...Blizzard...Graphite/Titanium Interior, Popular Package, Bench Seat.
Bilstein front/rear shocks, Deaver Mini-Pak Springs, Total Chaos Shackles, Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar,
Mag-Hytec "Honeypot", HK Rear Axle Vent Mod, Frozen Rotors-Hawk Pads.

In-Cabin Microfilters, ARE Z shell, OEM bug/rock deflector, Lund AVS Ventvisors, OEM mud gaurds, Bushwhacker- notched-Fender Flares, OEM rubber & standard floor mats, Burtman Stainless Steel Titan Door Sills, Black Vinyl Door Edge Molding on front doors and vertical sides of Tailgate, Spoiler Direct Chrome Tailgate Trim, Utilitrac System, OEM Dual Lower Sliding Trays, OEM under-seat-storganiser, Silver Star Ultra 9006 Low Beams, White Night Backup Lights, CT Windshield Sun Reflector, Drawtite Activator II trailer-e-brake control, Super-Z-Winter Traction Cables, Dueler AT REVO Tires-4th set, NISSAN I-POD adapter, Bosch Icon Window Wiper Blades, Bosch Ir Fusion Spark Plugs.
Optima Red Top Battery

6 x 10' low bed/rails trailer with E-brakes.
108 year old rebuilt 4,000 lb. road roller/packer. http://www.titanspot...d+Roller+Packer

Posted Image

JFK on Climate Change/Energy Revolution http://www.youtube.c...h?v=J8dLHZ6jKFc
JFK JR. "We Have the Capability and Technology to Eliminate 100% of our Needs for Persian Gulf OIl"
"PEACE TO THE PEOPLE OF ALL NATIONS"
The TRUTH is still EVERYWHERE...I said this ~!!!~

#7 Xrevolver

Xrevolver
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:47 PM

Is there really bigger filters available? Can think of better benefit of the extra size with the current size just good fit.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq