Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titan crashed - diminished value questions
Hi guys, its been a while.  I retired a little while ago, moved, became grandfather etc etc etc LOL.  A few years ago I traded my '04 LE on a '12 SV which was the sales managers demo.  I could not pass of the deal.  In Sept we went on vacation to Tennessee.  I was driving on I81 in Virginia. 70 MPH speed limit, bumper to bumper on a Sat afternoon.  An older woman in front of me decided she missed her exit and stood on brakes and came to a complete stop in the "go" lane.  I stood on brakes as well and was able to stop.  Problem: tractor trailer behind me was not able to stop.  Truck in garage for two months.  Got it back yesterday.  They had to do a complete frame replacement along with a lot of sheet metal etc in back. 

Question: is it worthwhile pursuing diminished value claim against the trucking company's insurance?  Truck seems good enough so far.  I was told they could not total it as the value was at least 30,000.  I think if I have any issues no matter how slight I may trade but I know I will lose value. 

Good to see so many familiar names still here.

Terryu1

Reply Return to top
Hey terryu1, it's been a while.  Definitely purse the diminished value on your vehicle as it will bite you when you go to sell or trade vs. a never-wrecked vehicle.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Hung like Einstein and smart as a horse!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT.

[Image: StretchTitancopy.jpg]
Reply Return to top
Hi Terry! I would definitely pursue it as well. That's a lot of damage that had to be repaired. 

Reply Return to top